GUIDANCE FOR AIRLINE PASSENGERS
Raised Threat Levels:
- The Oklahoma threat level for the aviation sector has been raised to High ("Orange")
- The U.S. threat level is raised to Severe ("Red") for all commercial flights originating in the United Kingdom flying to the United States
- The U.S. threat level is raised to High ("Orange") for all commercial aviation operating in the U.S., including international flights. Flights from the U.S. to the U.K. are also orange.
TSA is immediately implementing the following changes to airport screening procedures:
- NO LIQUIDS OR GELS OF ANY KIND WILL BE PERMITTED IN CARRY ON BAGGAGE. SUCH ITEMS MUST BE IN CHECKED BAGGAGE. This includes all beverages, shampoo, sun tan lotion, creams, tooth paste, hair gel, and other items of similar consistency. Exception: Baby formula, breast milk or juice if a baby or small child is traveling; prescription medicine with a name that matches the passenger's ticket; and insulin and essential other non-prescription medicines, which all must be presented for inspection at the checkpoint.
- Beverages purchased beyond the security checkpoint must be consumed before boarding because they will not be permitted on board the aircraft.
- Passengers traveling from the U.K. to the U.S. will be subject to a more extensive screening process.
These measures will be constantly evaluated and updated when circumstances warrant.
How every passenger can assist in security:
- Pack lightly, without clutter to facilitate easier screening
- Arrive earlier than usual at the airport
- Cooperate with TSA personnel at checkpoints and with airline personnel at all gates
- Be attentive and viligant to any suspicious activity and report it to authorities
Increased Border Protection Procedures:
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection will increase enforcement efforts in international arrival areas including the use of advanced targeting tools, special response teams including baggage and aircraft search teams, baggage x-ray equipment, specially-trained canine units, and explosive detection technology.
- DHS has also mandated that all flights from the U.K. transmit passenger manifest inforamtion for intensive screenign prior to departure from the gage. In addition, passengers on these flights and all other international flights will be subject to heightened inspection upon arrival in the U.S.
click here for other Frequently Asked Questions