New Home Health Agencies
In order for a licensed Home Health Agency (HHA) to become certified to provide services to Medicare beneficiaries, the agency must demonstrate a successful electronic test transmission of the OASIS assessment data to the state repository. Below are steps the HHA will need to follow to complete the test transmission of the OASIS assessment to the state agency:
- Contact the HHA survey director at 405-271-6576 to ensure your facility is eligible to submit a test transmission of OASIS assessment data to the state.
- Obtain a computer that meets the following minimum technical specifications:
- CPU: Pentium Class (or equivalent) @ 1.4GHz
- Memory: 1 GB for HAVEN
- Operating System: Windows XP, Vista - 32 bit (Windows 7 has not been validated by CMS at this time.)
- Hard Drive: 4 GB (1 GB free)
- Runtime Platform: Windows .NET Framework 3.5
- Browser: Internet Explorer 7.0 (Internet Explorer 8.0 has not been validated by CMS at this time.)
- An existing Internet connection through an Internet Service Provider (ISP).
- Ensure accurate header information is setup in HAVEN or setup in other vendor software.
- Collect and encode an OASIS assessment into the OASIS data entry software.
- Contact your OASIS software vendor to assist you with exporting the OASIS assessment into a batch file that will be sent to the state. In order to facilitate transmission to the state, obtain the full path and file name of the export file from your software vendor.
Please call the QIES Help Desk at (405) 271-5278 if you have questions.