||Contact | A-Z Health Index | Events & Meetings|
For Release: October 9, 2008
Each year in Oklahoma more than 12,000 children do not experience “safe and sound” homes because of child abuse and neglect. In Oklahoma County, families, citizens, volunteers, professionals, and organizations are meeting monthly to work together to prevent child abuse and neglect.
The next meeting of the OkCountyKids Child Abuse Prevention Task Force will be at 10 a.m. on Friday, Oct. 24, at the Rainbow Fleet, 3024 Paseo, Oklahoma City. The meeting is free and open to the public.
The OkCountyKids Child Abuse Prevention Task Force provides:
· a collective voice for the prevention of child abuse and neglect in Oklahoma
· a forum for the exchange of information, current research and successful child abuse prevention strategies
· an opportunity for networking among individuals committed to child abuse prevention
· an opportunity for individuals and/or organizations to advocate for policies and programs that support healthy families and children
· events to call attention to the importance of supporting families and children, educating the community, and preventing all forms of child maltreatment
· a process for citizens, practitioners, and community-based agencies to provide substantive input into Oklahoma's goals and strategies to prevent child abuse
For more information about local child abuse prevention task force efforts in Oklahoma County, please visit this Web site: http://okcountykids.org/default.aspx. For direct inquiries about child abuse prevention programs and activities throughout the year in Oklahoma County, contact OkCountyKids Local Child Abuse Prevention Task Force Co-Coordinator Stacy Dykstra at (405) 236-8441 x299.
Copyright © State of Oklahoma