FOR RELEASE: April 19 , 2007
CONTACT: Pamela Williams
Office of Communications
Doctor to Discuss the Evaluation of Arthritis
“Evaluation of Arthritis” will be the topic at the May meeting of the Oklahoma Arthritis Network (OAN). The OAN will meet Thursday, May 3, at 2 p.m. at the Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH), 1000 N.E. 10th Street, Room 314, in Oklahoma City. The meeting is free and open to the public.
Guest speaker is Chris Codding, M.D., a fourth generation Oklahoman and 1986 graduate of the University of Oklahoma College of Medicine. Dr. Codding specializes in all areas of rheumatology including rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia. With her clinic practice and experiences, Dr. Codding has formed the philosophy that patients are the best teachers for a physician. She is involved in clinical research on rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, and pain management, and is medical director of the Oklahoma City Chapter of Association of Clinical Research Professionals.
The OAN features speakers and presentations for the public to help maximize the quality of life for Oklahomans with arthritis and related health conditions by developing resources, promoting access to health care and offering public health education programs.
Programs of special attention include EnhanceFitness, the Chronic Disease Self Management Program, and the Arthritis Foundation’s Exercise, Aquatics and Self Help programs. Visit www.health.ok.gov/program/apep for locations and contact information.
If you live outside the Oklahoma City metropolitan area and would like to attend the May 3 OAN meeting, videoconference locations are available in some communities. Please contact the closest county health department listed below.
- Comanche County Health Department 580-248-5890 - Janette New
- Creek County Health Department 918-224-5531 – Sharon Jahromi
- Garfield County Health Department 580-233-0650, ext. 147 – Teresa Bailey
- Greer County Health Department 580-782-5531 – Carolyn Wilson, Terri Petzold and Arline Thompson
- Kay County Health Department 580-762-1641 – Pam Payne
- Marshall County Health Department 580-795-3705 – Shannon Williams
- Mayes County Health Department 918-825-4224 – Kay Back
- Muskogee County Health Department 918-683-0321 – Melinda Parks/Martha Alford
- Oklahoma State Department of Health, 405-271-9444, ext. 56535 – Adrienne Chambers.
- Ottawa County Health Department 918-540-2481 – Sharon Hines-Ice
- Pottawatomie County Health Department 405-273-2157 – Glenna McElhany/Kathy Cline
- Rogers County Health Department 918-341-3166 – Linda DeSpain
- Tulsa County Health Department 918-582-9355 – Debra Harren
- Wagoner County Health Department 918-485-3022 – Panna Kelley
- Woodward County Health Department 580-256-6416 – Tracie Adams
To learn more information about the OAN and upcoming events, contact Marisa New, coordinator of the OSDH Arthritis Prevention and Education Program, at 405-271-9444, ext. 56410, or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chris Codding, MD
Speaker for May 3 meeting of Oklahoma Arthritis Network