- Serve as media liaison to connect media inquiries to appropriate program/resource person.
- Write materials concerning public health issues and services for distribution to statewide, metropolitan, or community-specific news media, including news releases, public service materials, special articles, talking points, speeches, and fact sheets.
- Write and gather material for the agency employee newsletter, medical journals, and the monthly Commissioner's Column.
- Provide technical expertise to local county health departments in marketing their services.
- Assist agency program areas in promoting their services to program customers, including: county health department clients, community policy/decision makers, and news media.
- Provide State Board of Health and agency Executive Committee with analysis of media trends related to public health.
- Provide internal media training as requested.
- Participate in external media promotions.