- Decrease—or slow the rate of increase—of obesity among all Oklahomans.
- Reduce incidence and prevalence of obesity related chronic diseases among all Oklahomans.
Program Focus Areas
- Physical Activity
- Healthy Eating
- Surveillance and Evaluation
- School and Childcare
Rationale for the State Plan
Physical inactivity and poor nutrition are epidemics in Oklahoma. The State Plan will be used as a guidance document for policy, programs, and environmental change within our state and establish a concerted effort in the fight for a healthy, active Oklahoma.
- Establish a statewide infrastructure for nutrition and physical activity.
- Build and sustain partnerships—finding solutions through partnership.
- Implement the comprehensive physical activity and nutrition state plan.
- Identify and improve data sources for surveillance and evaluation.
- Provide expertise, training and technical assistance to stakeholders.
The final version of the State Plan is published and currently being put into action by various partner organizations (click logo above to download). The plan is also being incorporated into Strong & Healthy Oklahoma and the Oklahoma Health Improvement Plan (OHIP). The Coalition of Oklahoma Breastfeeding Advocates (COBA) and Oklahoma Action for Healthy Kids have adopted the Breastfeeding and Screen-Time workgroups, respectively. They are facilitating state-wide efforts for each focus area.
For more physical activity and nutrition resources, visit www.ok.gov/strongandhealthy.