Oklahoma, www.OK.gov <{$map[0].NAME}>

Contact  |  A-Z Health Index  |  Events & Meetings

get adobe reader

OKFlu View: Influenza Activity Summary
Get Email Updates:Subscribe to OSDH E-Updates 

The purpose of the influenza statistics page is to provide summaries of influenza information obtained from the Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) Acute Disease Service (ADS) influenza sentinel surveillance system and influenza test results from the OSDH Public Health Laboratory (PHL).  As of October 9, 2014, OSDH began producing a weekly report, and updated influenza statistics are posted each Thursday by 10:00 a.m. during the 2014-2015 flu season.  This will be the last weekly report as OSDH will be transitioning to monthly reports during the summer months.

Influenza-Associated Hospitalization Surveillance for 2014-2015 Season
Number of New Hospitalizations and/or Deaths Reported with Testing between April 29 - May 5, 2015 Cumulative Hospitalizations and/or Deaths Since September 28, 2014 Cumulative Deaths
Since September 28, 2014
0 2,289 113


Sentinel Surveillance Summary for April 26 through May 5, 2015

  • The percentage of outpatient visits statewide meeting the criteria for ILI1 was 1.2% (25/2,023).
  • 4 (2.3%) of the 171 influenza tests performed by sentinel laboratories were positive for influenza.  Three (75.0%) of the 4 positive influenza specimens from sentinel laboratories this week were positive for influenza B, and the remaining one (25.0%) was positive for influenza A.
  • Neither (0%) of the two respiratory specimens tested for influenza by PCR at the OSDH Public Health Laboratory (PHL) were positive for influenza.    
  • 3 (2.2%) of the 136 RSV tests performed by sentinel laboratories were positive.
1Influenza-like illness is defined as having a fever (>100°F) combined with a cough and/or a sore throat.

National Information:

Weekly National Statistics (CDC)
Flu Activity Level Criteria (CDC)

United States Influenza Activity Map
 

Weekly Hospitalizations by Week of Positive Influenza Test

Influenza Hospitalizations and Deaths by County

Influenza Hospitalizations and Deaths by Age Group


Weekly Percent of Influenza-like Illness Based on Total Patient Visits to Sentinel Clinicians

Weekly Percent Positive Influenza Testing Graph 2012-2015

Weekly Sentinel Lab Number, Type, and Percent Positive Influenza Testing Graph 2014-2015

Weekly Influenza Viral Testing Graph

Weekly Viral Respiratory Testing Table

Weekly Percent Positive RSV Testing Graph 2012-2015

This page last updated May 7, 2015.

Creating a State of Health Logo