Oklahoma, www.OK.gov <{$map[0].NAME}>

Contact  |  A-Z Health Index  |  Events & Meetings

get adobe reader

Environmental Health

Food service inspections are just one of the many services provided by the Environmental Health Division. To access the database of restaurant inspections, click here.

More information is available regarding our rules and regulations, opening a new establishment, public bathing facilities, and food handler classes.  You may also be interested in some of our frequently asked questions.

We are located in the Norman office of the Cleveland County Health Department.  You can reach us by calling the main number at (405) 321-4048.


The Environmental Health Division provides many services for the county, including:

Inspections of:

  • Eating and drinking establishments
  • Retail food (e.g. grocery stores)
  • Hotels, motels, bed and breakfasts
  • Food service in schools, day cares, and institutions
  • Camps
  • Public bathing facilities (e.g. spas and swimming pools)

Performing investigations and consultations on:

  • Health related complaints
  • Possible foodborne disease
  • Potential rabies exposure

Providing technical services:

  • Instruct Food Handlers class
  • Administer food safety test
  • Extensive plan review of food establishments before construction


Interesting Facts
Are you storing food safely? This FDA handout will show you how to be safe!

Help prevent foodborne illness before the food gets to your home! Check out Start at the Store: 7 Ways to Prevent Foodborne Illness, a guide by the FDA, for information.

View FDA recalls or the USDA recalls.

Burn injuries are unfortunately common in restaurants. The OSDH Injury Prevention Service has fact sheets on burn prevention.

Related Topics
Creating a State of Health Logo