Food Handler Classes
The cities of Norman and Moore require food handler cards for anybody handling food:
Sec.13-807. Food handling: Work permits required
No person shall work, or permit any other person to work in a bakery, cafe, meat market, restaurant, or other place where food is handled or served, whether for compensation or not, unless that person possesses a current and unrevoked permit from the health officer.
(Ord. No 0-7475-8)
SECTION 8-604 FOOD HANDLER'S PERMITS
A. It is unlawful for any person who operates a food service establishment or any place selling open and prepared foods in the city to hire, or permit to be hired, or permit to work gratis, any person who does not possess a current and unrevoked permit approved by the health officer.
B. It is unlawful for any person to work in any food service establishment or any place selling open and prepared foods in the city who does not have in his or her possession a current and unrevoked permit approved by the county.
Norman (ENGLISH): Tuesday at 9:00 am & Thursday at 3:30 pm
Norman (ESPANOL): Primer Miercoles del mes en 9:00 AM (video y prueba en Espanol) & Tercer Miercoles del mes en 3:30 pm (video y prueba en Espanol).
Moore (ENGLISH): Wednesday at 3:30 pm (NEW LOCATION: Moore Health Department, 424 S Eastern (the NE corner of 4th & Eastern))
Special after-hours class: November 13th, 2013, 6pm, at McFarlin UMC-- Fenn Hall (on the east side of the church), 419 S University Boulevard, Norman, OK.
- Registration begins 30 minutes prior to the start of class
- No one will be admitted after the class has started
- Picture I.D required
- There is a $5 fee for the class/card (cash or money order only)
- Duplicate cards will only be issued Monday-Thursday 8am to 11am, 1pm to 4pm.
- La registro comienza 30 minutos antes del comienzo de la clase
- La entrada a la clase no se permite cuando ya haya empezado la clase
- Se requiere identificación fotográfica
- Hay un cobro de $5 dólares para la clase / tarjeta (por favor solo dinero al contado o money orders)
- Duplicado de tarjetas sólo se publicará de lunes a jueves de 8am a 11am, 1 p.m. a 4pm
Upon passing the test, you will receive your food handler permit on-site or by mail. Food handler permits must be available at all times while the employee is working.
Cleveland County Health Department
250 12th AVE NE
Norman, OK 73017
Moore Health Department
424 S Eastern (northeast corner of 4th & Eastern)
Moore, OK 73160