Community Health Efforts
The Cleveland County Health Department is continually working to promote and improve the health of our community. We do this by monitoring the health of our community, identifying and responding to health threats, providing timely and accurate information to the public and our partners, enforcing laws that protect health and providing quality services to prevent and control disease.
Creating a State of Health
To protect and promote health, to prevent disease and injury, and to cultivate conditions by which Oklahomans can be healthy.
Leadership - To provide vision and purpose in public health through knowledge, inspiration and dedication and serve as the leading authority on prevention, preparedness and health policy.
Integrity - To steadfastly fulfill our obligations, maintain public trust, and exemplify excellence and ethical conduct in our work, services, processes, and operations.
Community - To respect the importance, diversity, and contribution of individuals and community partners.
Service - To demonstrate a commitment to public health through compassionate actions and stewardship of time, resources, and talents.
Accountability - To competently improve the public's health on the basis of sound scientific evidence and responsible research.
Community Health Improvement
In 2010, Cleveland County began a strategic planning process using the Mobilizing for Action Through Planning and Partnerships (MAPP) model. The goal of this process was to formally assess the health status of the county in a comprehensive way, and solidify a formal approach for community health improvement efforts.
The products of the assessment phase of this process are outlined in the following documents:
Once the assessment phase was complete, organizers used the data to select priority areas for health improvement: Obesity Reduction, Tobacco Use Prevention, and Children’s Health. The Cleveland County Health Improvement Plan (PDF, 1.7MB) is the culmination of that work, and provides the foundation for planning, implementation, and evaluation of strategies to reach our objectives. Workgroups for each priority area meet regularly. Community participation in these workgroups is welcome. To volunteer see information below.
Public input and comments are welcome. To comment or volunteer to assist in health improvement efforts, please contact Amanda James (firstname.lastname@example.org). You may also contact her at the following number: 405-321-4048.
The following web sites and documents provide related information and supporting data:
Access to Care
In 2013, the Cleveland County Health Department began collaborating with community partners to address existing barriers to accessing health care services in Cleveland County. The process began with an assessment of health care access which was conducted during April 2013 in communities throughout the county. A workgroup was formed and are currently prioritizing those issues to be addressed.
The Cleveland County Access to Healthcare assessment results are now available.
Want to be involved:
- Moore Community Coalition: 3rdWednesday of each month from
12:00-1:00 at the Moore Health Department located at 424 S. Eastern Ave.
- Cleveland County Nutrition and Fitness Coalition: Meets 3rd Thursday of each month from 12:00-1:00 at the Norman Regional Hospital Education Center, 901 N. Porter Ave, Norman.
- Tobacco Free Cleveland County Coalition: Every other month on the 2nd Thursday from 3:30-4:30 at the Norman Regional Hospital Education Center, 901 N. Porter Ave, Norman.
- Cleveland County Turning Point Coalition: Meets quarterly, dates vary. From 11:30-1:00 at the Norman Regional Hospital Education Center, 901 N. Porter Ave, Norman.
- Healthy Noble Partnership: Meets the 1st Wednesday of each month from 3:30-4:30 at the First Covenant Church of Noble located at 4600 E. Etowah Rd, Noble.
- Healthy Lexington Partnership: Meets the 1st Monday of each month from 2:20-3:20 at the Lexington Elementary School located at 420 NE 4th Street, Lexington.
If you require alternative information formats due to accessibility needs or have difficulty viewing content with assistive technology, please contact email@example.com.