WIC Eligibility: Who Is Eligible And How To Apply?
Who is eligible for WIC?
• Women who are pregnant, breastfeeding, or have recently given birth.
• Children up to the age of five.
Who may apply for WIC services for an infant or child?
• Parent, guardian or proxy.
How can I qualify for WIC benefits?
• Live in the state of Oklahoma.
• Have a family income within program limits. (If you receive income from a job,
you may still qualify.)
• You will need to provide proof of identification, income, and address
when you come in for your WIC appointment.
• You may be eligible for WIC if you are receive Medicaid, Food Stamps,
or TANF benefits.
What does WIC provide?
• Quality nutrition and breastfeeding education and counseling.
• Nutritious foods to improve your diet and health.
• Breast pumps to mothers who qualify.
• Referrals to health and social services.
How do I apply for WIC benefits?
• Call a WIC Site or call 1-888-655-2942.