Do you want to be healthy? Are you pregnant or thinking about starting a family? Many things affect a woman’s health and well-being.
What you can do to be healthy…
- Know your family health history
- Live a healthy lifestyle
- Make healthy food choices
- Get regular health check-ups
- Pay attention to mental health issues
- Know your pregnancy risks.
Whether you’re a spouse, partner, family member or friend, you play an important role toward encouraging and supporting a woman’s healthy choices.
Another important decision for women involves family planning to determine freely the number and spacing of their children. The Oklahoma Family Planning Program is devoted to providing family planning services to females of reproductive age.
Services for females include:
- physical examination
- pap smears and breast exams
- screening for sexually transmitted diseases and HIV
- birth control
- pregnancy diagnosis
- counseling and referrals.
Services are provided on a voluntary and confidential basis, and services will not be refused on inability to pay.
Other Women’s Health Resources
Preparing for a Lifetime, It's Everyone's Responsibility Learn what you can do to help ensure the health and safety of Oklahoma's babies
National Women’s Health Information Center
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention/Women’s Health