Live a Healthy Lifestyle
Lifestyle affects our health. Good health, for both men and women, contributes to good pregnancy outcomes. These tips will increase your likelihood of good health whether or not you’re planning a pregnancy.
· Be tobacco-free. Stop smoking before you stop using birth control. Smoking during pregnancy increases risks of a miscarriage, stillbirth or infant death.
· Do not drink alcohol if you are pregnant or want to become pregnant. Alcohol can harm an unborn baby even before a woman knows she’s pregnant.
· Become active for at least 30 minutes on most, if not all, days of the week.
· Get tested for HIV and other STDs. STDs pose special risks for pregnant women and their babies.
· Stop using all street drugs before you stop using birth control. When pregnant, anything you eat, drink or smoke affects you and your baby.
Click here to learn more about these and other important health tips.