Breastfeeding Your Baby with Special Needs
Benefits of Nursing Your Baby with Special Needs – La Leche League
(These pages have been reprinted with permission from LLLI publications. Articles are listed with the most current published or revised items first.)
Where to Call for Help
Oklahoma Breastfeeding Hotline
Línea de Ayuda para la Lactancia en Oklahoma
24 Hour Toll-Free Breastfeeding Support Line for nursing mothers, their families, partners, expecting parents, and health care providers. All calls returned by an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC).
For More Resources
Hospitals with Breastfeeding Support for Babies with Special Health Care Needs
Pediatric Specialty Centers
Mothers' Milk Banks collect, process, and dispense donor human milk, which is prescribed by health care providers to help preterm and fragile infants thrive.
- North Texas Mother’s Milk Bank, Fort Worth, Texas
- OU medical Center is a Milk Bank Depot in Oklahoma City that partners with the North Texas Mother’s Milk Bank.
The depot is located in the Lactation Center at OU Medical Center, on the 4th floor of the Children’s Hospital in the Women’s/Newborn Pavilion area.
- Call 405-271-MILK (6455) to talk with one of the lactation consultants for information about donating milk or for directions
- Donors or others may arrange to be met at the front of the hospital to avoid parking and walking.
- Human Milk Banking Association of North America