Outside Training Credit
- The training will be job related or enhance professional development
- Upon completion of the training, the employee will submit an agenda, a copy of the certificate (if applicable), a brief written summary of the training, or copies of all handouts pertaining to the training to the FTO. The FTO will submit the documentation to the Training and Staff Development office for approval and assignment of training credit and course code.
- Training hours will not include agenda items such as registration, lunch, or receptions. If the luncheon and reception includes a keynote speaker and the topic is job related, training credit can be awarded.
- If the host training facility grants continuing education units (CEU), Legal (CLE ) and other professional credits, the training hour credits will be the same as the number of CEU, etc that is granted. Example: .6 CEU equals six training hours.
- Academy training coordinators contracting with outside agencies for in-service training, at the academy or designated training sites, will submit a course outline, handouts, or lesson plan to the training administrator for approval 30 days prior to the scheduled training.
- Accredited College courses that are job related may be approved for in-service training credits. At the end of the semester, the employee will submit a transcript to verify successful completion of the course to the FTO who will forward to the Training and Staff Development officer for assignment of training credit. Training credit hours will normally be four times the number of credits received for the course successfully completed.
Human Resource Development Services (HRDS) Training
The Training and Staff Development office will ensure all units receive a schedule of training offered by the HRDS.
- Interested employees will request the courses and course dates through a written request to the FTO.
- The training request form will be forwarded within specified time frames to the Training and Staff Development office.
- The training officer will be notified of the applicant’s status within 5 days of the request.
- Participants will receive their certificate upon successful completion of the course. Participants will provide their training officer with a copy of the certificate for entry in ORACLE.
Council on Law Enforcement Education and Training (CLEET) In-Service Training
- FTOs will continue to nominate appropriate staff for CLEET training through CLEET.
- All in-service rosters will be submitted to the Training & Staff Development Unit for review and submission to CLEET.
- FTOs will submit a CLEET Employment Status Form (ESR) to the Training & Staff Development Unit on all newly commissioned CLEET officers, commissioned officers who are no longer in a commissioned position and those who have changed their names within 5 working days of the change.