GRANT TITLE: JUSTICE ASSISTANCE GRANT - LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT (JAG-LLE)
OVERVIEW: The JAG-LLE Program replaces the Local Law Enforcement Block Grant (LLEGB).Through the JAG-LLE Program, funding is made available to units of local law enforcement and tribal governments for the purchase of equipment.
ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible for funding, an applicant must be a: 1) Unit of Local Government (i.e., city, county, town) or 2) Tribal Government and 3) NOT eligible for a direct award from the Bureau of Justice Assistance. 4) Must have submitted Part 1 Violent Crime UCR data directly to the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation (OSBI) under their own ORI number for at least 3 of the last 10 years for which UCR data is available and meet the minimum threshold for the amount of Part 1 crimes committed.
Click on the Eligible Applicants Document to view a list of eligible jurisdictions 2013 JAG LLE Notice of Availability of Funds. ONLY THESE JURISDICTIONS ARE ELIGIBLE FOR FUNDING.
WHAT IF A JURISDICTION IS NOT LISTED?
If a jurisdiction is not listed above and is not eligible to apply, one of the following reasons apply:
- The jurisdiction is NOT submitting Part 1 Violent Crime UCR data directly to the OSBI under their own ORI number for at least 3 of the last 10 years.
- The jurisdiction did not meet the minimum threshold for the amount of Part 1 crimes committed as determined by the Bureau of Justice Statistics, U.S. Department of Justice.
- The jurisdiction received a direct award from the federal government for the period of time in which these funds were made available to the State of Oklahoma and is not eligible to receive funds from the District Attorneys Council.
If you are not on this list, contact Rodney Eaton at OSBI, 405/848-6724, to discuss future UCR submissions.
BOARD PRIORITIES: The Justice Assistance Grant (JAG) Board is charged with reviewing grant proposals and determining awards for the grant funds. The application will specify the priority areas and only applications within these areas will be considered. The JAG Board prioritized funding to only accept applications for equipment. Only applications requesting the following will be reviewed:
Communications and Technology Equipment
In-Car Mobile Data Systems
Radios - In Car and Hand Held
APPLICATION PROCESS FOR ELIGIBLE APPLICANTS: The Federal Grants Division has developed a Web-based Grants Management System. The System, OKGrants, is a “cradle-to-grave” grants management system, which means applications must be completed online through the new grants managements system. To access OKGrants, go to https://grants.ok.gov. (Note: Be careful in entering the website address. The site location is https://grants.ok.gov).
Prior to beginning an application online, applicants must register in the OKGrants system and be approved by DAC.
TRAINING FOR APPLICANTS ON THE OKGRANTS SYSTEM
DAC will provide web-based training for potential applicants. You only need to attend one of the two available webinars listed below.
OKGrants Application Training Webinar Dates:
- August 22, 2013 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- August 22, 2013 1:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Prior to the webinar:
The first time you use the Web Meeting Service, you will need to download the client software. Web Meeting HELP & Software Downloads can be found at: https://www.webmeeting.att.com. Click on Downloads and download the appropriate software for your computer.
To participate in the webinar:
- Dial: 1-877-336-1828
- Enter the Access Code: 3241627
- Then log on to the web conference portion of the meeting: Go to: https://www.webmeeting.att.com
- Enter the Meeting Number: 8773361828
- Enter the Participant Code: 3241627
- Enter your e-mail and your agency’s name and join the meeting as a “participant.”
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT AN APPLICATION: The application process will be available beginning on August 15, 2013, and must be completed and submitted through OKGrants by 11:59 p.m., by September 19, 2013.
GRANT NOTIFICATION: To be placed on the mailing list to receive a Notice of Availability of Funds when funds become available, contact the Federal Grants Division, at 405/264-5008 or email Laura Russell at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name, agency name, mailing address, and grant name for which you want to receive the Notice of Availability of Funds.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Refer to the Notice of Availability of funds which was mailed to the chief of each eligible jurisdiction or contact Gracy Helm at the Federal Grants Division, Oklahoma District Attorneys Council, at 405/264-5008, or via email at email@example.com.