Tulsa Business Journal Honors Blue Thumb Program with Blue/Green Award
|Chuck Branch, Tulsa Business Journal publisher (left) and Jim Backmann, Larfarge Tulsa Cement Plant manager (right), presented Cheryl Cheadle, Blue Thumb Program coordinator (second from left), and Scott Grant, Tulsa County Conservation District's Conservation Programs specialist, with a Blue/Green Award on March 30.
The Oklahoma Conservation Commission’s Blue Thumb Program was one of 10 businesses, organizations and programs honored recently by the Tulsa Business Journal. The newspaper company held its second annual Blue/Green Awards event on March 30 at the Hyatt Regency Tulsa. More than 220 people attended the event, which recognizes local organizations, projects and individuals that positively impact the environment. The winning entities each received a hand-painted award created by local artist Lauren Lunsford.
The winners of the Blue/Green Awards, with their respective categories, were:
- Impact: Sustainable Tulsa
- Blue/Green Giant: St. John Medical Center
- Conservation: Blue Thumb
- Design & Construction: Cowen Construction
- Educator: Global Gardens
- Entertainment & Tourism: The Canebrake
- Innovator: American Environmental Landfill Inc.
- Legacy: Garden Deva Sculpture Co.
- Philanthropy: Newsome Community Farms
- Small Business: Shikoba Recycling