Water Quality Division
Blue Thumb Calendar
It is the nature of Oklahoma's Blue Thumb Program to be with people in the field! Of course by "in the field" we often mean in the creek! For details about when we are working in specific areas of the state, call Blue Thumb at 918-398-1804.
Blue Thumb Training for New Volunteers
Friday and Saturday, January 24-25
8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (both days)
Cleveland County Fairgrounds
615 E. Robinson Street
Norman, OK 73071
See the training agenda pdf
Cost: FREE (lunch on your own)
For registration / information contact
Kim Shaw: 405-627-3787
- Trainings introduce participants to stream ecology.
- Presentations cover pollutants, watersheds, water chemistry, monitoring, field collections, stewardship, environmental education, volunteer responsibilities, and more.
- Participants who complete the training sessions have the option of receiving a Blue Thumb test kit and working with us to monitor a stream and/or educating local people about the stream.
What you need to know about Blue Thumb Trainings for New Volunteers
- Volunteers must attend both days.
- There is no cost.
- Best age range is middle school through retirement.
- Training is a combination of indoors and outdoors.
- Trainings are held in various locations in OK.
What to Wear
Dress for comfort ! Day One has an outdoor component, so please be prepared to be in a creek. If you have waders, bring them. We have some that can be loaned. We
recommend that you bring:
Change of clothes and shoes