Remote Access service is for residential and mobile users with high-speed access requirements. Remote Access offers data service to any authorized State government entity at rates dependent upon service provider contracts. This service utilizes available broadband technologies to provide secure access to State resources and the Internet. The Office of State Finance (OSF) provides consultation to aid in the selection of appropriate remote access services.
Service capability includes
- Secure access to the State network
- Compliance with security policies and standards
- Standard broadband modem (Telecommuter Option)
Service implementation and support includes
- Consultation regarding service options and network configurations
- All required activities to complete service installation within 60 days
- 24 x 7 x 365 support through the OSF Network Operations Center and the OSF Service Desk
- Response and maintenance as specified in service provider contracts
- Service provider bandwidth is based on best effort and is not guaranteed
- Availability subject to service provider deployment of broadband access technologies
Service components include
- Business class broadband access (Telecommuter Option)
- All equipment required to interface with the service provider (Telecommuter Option)
- All equipment required to interface service with customer desktop system
- Domain Naming System and Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol services
Service options include
- Customer/self installation (not available with all service providers)
- Access service provider installation
- Centralized service for all data network requirements
- Reduce agency cost
This service is available for all Oklahoma state agencies, offices, officers, bureaus, boards, commissions, counsels, units, divisions, bodies, authorities, or institutions of the executive, legislative, or judicial branches of state government. It is also available to counties, municipalities, townships, Tribal governments, and other political subdivisions.
- Coordinate service installation with the access service provider
- Provide local desktop support
- Contact the OSF Service Desk to report problems or request assistance
- Follow the service provider’s Acceptable Use Policy Install the security appliance
How Do We Charge?
There are 2 major units of charge:
- Access Circuit - Access service providers pass through costs for broadband access
- Customer Premise Equipment (CPE) – OSF costs for hardware, software, maintenance, and management of customer premise equipment
One-Time Charges are comprised of the following:
- Access service providers' installation of broadband access
Major Cost Drivers:
- Maintenance and support of customer premise equipment
- Access service providers' costs for broadband in your geographical area
To order or inquire about this service, please contact the OSF Service Desk.
24 x 7, excluding planned outages, maintenance windows and unavoidable events
Maintenance windows are used only when needed for planned changes that have gone through the ITS Change Management Process. In addition to the Standard ITS Maintenance Windows, site-specific and service-specific changes may be coordinated with customers at non-standard times.
The current planned maintenance window is from 4 a.m.-noon Sunday.