Local Area Network (LAN) Services provides local area network infrastructure within a building or campus environment enabling data communication among local computing and printing resources within an organization. These services support the infrastructure components and resources beginning where the end device connects into a wall plate. The service includes equipment and technology upgrades, as appropriate, maintenance, configurations, administration, and support of network infrastructure in an agency.
Customers of this service must also subscribe to the Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) Wide Area Network (WAN) Service.
Service capability includes:
- Reliable Ethernet wired LAN connectivity
- Compliance with statewide IT policies and standards
- Ownership of the entire infrastructure life cycle
- Predictable monthly cost
Service components include:
- Network equipment to enable Internet Protocol (IP) communications among local devices
- Management of structured cabling between end devices and network equipment
- Network segmentation, as required
- Administration including standard moves, adds and changes (MAC) requests
Service implementation and support includes:
- Network assessment and design
- Consultation regarding service options and network configurations
- Service delivery in 30-45 days, upon successful completion of assessment and design activities (Additional structured cabling and equipment requirements may lengthen service delivery times)
- Support 24-hours-per-day, 7-days-per-week, 365-days-per-year, through OMES Network Operations and the OMES Service Desk
Life cycle support:
- Operational support includes production support as well as maintenance
- Production support includes an Incident Management process and a Change Management process that identify and address the following:
- Incident Management
- Events which are not part of the standard operation of the service and which cause or may cause disruption to or reduction in the quality of service and customer productivity
- Change Management
- Planned and emergency changes
- Maintenance includes upgrades, patches and fixes of the LAN infrastructure throughout the life of the service
Production support services include:
- 24x7x365 support through the OMES Service Desk
- Proactive monitoring of the infrastructure 24x7x365 via remote management tools
- Maintaining the appropriate level of response times and spare inventory to support availability
Maintenance services include:
- Planning and conducting preventative, routine maintenance updates to the infrastructure to sustain continuous operability
- Applying updates, releases, patches and fixes as appropriate and as recommended by vendors
- Coordinating change management with customer contacts, including negotiation to determine times required for planned outages
- Basic LAN Services
- Premium LAN Services
- Includes Basic Service plus enhanced features such as:
- Prioritization of traffic through Quality of Service (QoS)
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) to power IP devices such as Voice Over IP (VoIP) phones and wireless APs
- Gigabit Ethernet connectivity available
- Custom Solutions
- Campus environment (i.e. multi-building w/Core)
- High availability custom designs
- Centralized service for all data network requirements
- Reduce agency cost
This service is available for all Oklahoma state agencies, offices, officers, bureaus, boards, commissions, counsels, units, divisions, bodies, authorities, or institutions of the executive, legislative, or judicial branches of state government. It is also available to counties, municipalities, townships, Tribal governments, and other political subdivisions.
- Designate a 24x7 point of contact for OMES to contact for reporting and coordinating outages or emergency maintenance.
- Ensure that each customer location meets OMES minimum standards including documentation, wiring, power, HVAC, access and security. For a detailed list of these requirements, please contact the OMES Service Desk.
- Be responsible for the cost of the replacement or repair of structured cabling or wiring.
- Submit a request to the OMES Service Desk to deactivate or relocate any ports no longer in use to ensure proper billing charges.
How Do We Charge?
- One-time installation fee per site
- Monthly charges per port
- Per port charges consist of OMES costs for hardware, software, maintenance, and management of the LAN infrastructure
- Standard MAC requests are included in establishing the LAN Service
- Custom Solutions pricing available via custom quote
To order or inquire about this service, please contact the OMES Service Desk.
24x7x365, excluding planned outages and maintenance windows
Maintenance windows are used only when needed for planned changes that have gone through the ITS Change Management Process. In addition to the Standard ITS Maintenance Windows, site-specific and service-specific changes may be coordinated with customers at non-standard times.
The current planned maintenance window is from 4 a.m.-noon Sunday.