Microsoft Exchange E-mail Service
The Microsoft Exchange e-mail service provides an enterprise scale e-mail messaging and calendaring service to State and local government agencies that is highly available and reliable, feature rich and cost effective to use. The service runs on the Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 platform and provides customers with efficient access to e-mail, calendar, attachments, contacts and more. The service provides experienced and professional support personnel focused on customer service and satisfaction.
- Integrated e-mail and calendar function
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 platform
- Redundant and load balanced configuration
- Disaster recovery/Business Continuity infrastructure
- Combines Open Source and market leading vendor provided anti-virus/SPAM solutions at two levels in the architecture
- Internet browser access for e-mail and administration functions (Outlook Web Access OWA)
- Centralized and personal address books
- Folder creation and management for messages
- Native file format attachments, i.e., Word, Excel, etc
- Support for Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2007
- Centralized administrative support for commonly performed functions
- Prompt and effective customer support for Requests and/or Incident tickets
- Low monthly cost for a complete solution
- Meeting scheduling for individuals, groups and other required resources
- Personalized or shared daily notes/tasks
- Desktop integration with Outlook
- Share/view calendar entries with others
- Optional Blackberry support using the Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES)
- Requirements include: Outlook 2003 or higher and Windows XP SP1 or higher. For OWA (Outlook Web Access) users, Internet Explorer 6 and higher is recommended, but OWA will function in a limited fashion within other major browsers
Blackberry Enterprise e-mail Service
The Blackberry Enterprise e-mail Service enables the customer to wirelessly connect to their Microsoft Exchange e-mail and Calendar account via their Blackberry handheld device. This highly available and feature-rich service runs on the Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES) 4.1 from Research in Motion and provides customers with efficient mobile access to e-mail, calendar, attachments, contacts and more. The service provides experienced and professional support personnel focused on customer service and satisfaction.
Blackberry Enterprise e-mail Service includes
- Push-based wireless access to Microsoft Exchange e-mail, calendar, contacts and scheduling
- Quick and easy activation
- Blackberry device setup and configuration
ProofPoint SPAM Filtering Service
The ProofPoint SPAM Filtering Service provides the customer with a low cost way to proactively filter SPAM for all incoming e-mail accounts, whether managed by the Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) on the Exchange Server or not. This service is the first level of protection in a multi-level approach adopted by the State. Customers do not have to subscribe to Exchange e-mail account subscription from OSF in order to utilize this service. The e-mail SPAM filtering service offers a standard solution to State and local government agencies that is highly available and reliable and is cost effective to use. The service provides customers with experienced and professional support personnel focused on customer service and satisfaction.
ProofPoint SPAM Filtering Services include
- Comprehensive SPAM filtering for all e-mail messages
- Prompt and effective customer support for requests and/or incident tickets
Customer Benefits - Hosted Exchange E-mail
- Agency does not have to hire technical personnel to manage in house hosted e-mail server
- Increases employee efficiency by assuring that persons handling technology issues are knowledgeable in the area
- E-mail is kept on the e-mail server to ensure no e-mails are lost due to workstation hard drive failures
- Enterprise backups are performed nightly to ensure that e-mail can be recovered in case of an accidental deletion from the mailbox account
- OMES provides a set monthly fee for services to assist agencies in projecting budgets
- Central OMES Service Desk to contact for reporting of incidents and requests for service
This service is available for all Oklahoma state agencies, offices, officers, bureaus, boards, commissions, counsels, units, divisions, bodies, authorities, or institutions of the executive, legislative or judicial branches of state government. It is also available to counties, municipalities, townships, tribal governments and other political subdivisions.
- Maintain outlook client and/or Internet browser on client workstation
- Compress/zip large attachments before sending them
- Refrain from forwarding large files to multiple users if possible
- Contact the OMES Service Desk for any mailbox issues that may arise
How Do We Charge?
- Customers are charged a set monthly rate based on the number of mailboxes supported by OMES
- ProofPoint SPAM filtering service is included
- Customers are charged a set monthly rate based on the number of Blackberry devices supported by OMES.
- Includes the Blackberry connection license and device setup support
- Agency will be responsible for the monthly data service provided by mobile phone vendor such as AT&T or Sprint
- Customers are charged a set monthly rate based on the number of mailboxes needing the ProofPoint SPAM service provided by OMES.
To order or inquire about this service, please contact the OMES Service Desk.
7 a.m.-7 p.m., Monday-Friday