The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) provides a managed desktop service for agencies to meet agency workstation computing requirements, including:
- Desktop and laptop support
- Printers and other peripheral devices (PDAs etc.)
- Software support for the standard operating systems, productivity tools and utilities described below
- Technical support, maintenance, and repair of managed hardware and software
- Standard operating environment management through the controlled release of security patches, anti-virus updates and other software
- Life cycle management assistance, including asset and configuration management, procurement consulting and software license reporting
OMES provides 2 desktop support service models
- Standard Desktop and Laptop technical support – OMES will provide technical support for your agency owned PCs and laptops. OMES's PC technical support team will configure a standard image, maintain and troubleshoot hardware and software issues as they are needed on your agency's PCs. OMES provides a desktop management solution which promotes remote technical support and software update capabilities. Also provided is anti-virus protection for desktops and laptops.
- Full Life Cycle Desktop and Laptop replacement service - OMES will provide PCs and laptops for warranty refresh in addition to providing standard technical support. Life Cycle Management will include scheduled replacement and retirement of PCs and laptops as they reach their warranty replacement date. The OMES technical team will develop and manage a standard hardware and software image for the agency’s PCs. The desktop management solution and anti-virus protection is also included in this model.
The service provides a consistent and reliable client computing environment to end users. The service is available to all Oklahoma executive branch agencies, divisions and commissions which are geographically located within the state.
The Workstation Support Group is responsible for configuring each workstation with standard software so that state employees have basic computing programs available to them for performing their duties. The workstations shall also be configured so that the Workstation Support Group can access the individual machines for delivering software, including updates and patches, for repairs and scanning for compliance with established policies.
Customers of this service must also subscribe to the OMES Wide Area Network (WAN) and the OMES Local Area Network (LAN) services.
The service is comprised of the following specific components:
- Standard laptop or desktop configuration
- Configuration standards are developed and periodically updated by the OMES Workstation support group.
- Full life cycle support
- Procurement consultation
- Delivery and installation
- On-site break/fix and replacement
- Level 1 technical support via remote desktop control
- Level 2 technical support via technician dispatching
- Asset retirement, including hard drive erasure in compliance with state security standards
- Response to customer moves/adds/changes requests
- Refresh of managed equipment
- Desktop/Laptop – Average four year life cycle usually dependent upon length of warrantee
- Monitor – Replaced as necessary, with an average six year life cycle
- Data - OMES will migrate data from the old to the new equipment as follows:
- Copy user profile to new equipment (settings, favorites, personal address book, etc.)
- Copy user storage folder ("My Documents") permanently to file server for backup purposes
- Reload approved applications
- Standard desktop image development and support
- Images are developed and periodically updated by the OMES Workstation Support group.
- Standard desktop components
- Office productivity suite
- CD authoring tools
- E-mail/calendar client
- Internet browser and key plug-ins
- Media player
- Malware/Spyware protection
- Other commonly required components as needed
- Automatic refresh/upgrades of software based on minimum standards
- License tracking and reporting
- Release and patch management
In addition to the components identified above, this service also includes:
- Basic user ID administration
- Electronic software distribution
- Asset reporting, including auto-discovery capability
- Utilize the OMES IT technical staff’s knowledge and experience in providing technical support for day to day needs
- Increases employee efficiency by assuring that persons handling technology issues are knowledgeable in the area
- Increases productivity by allowing agency employees to focus on their duties rather than technology issues
- Central OMES Service Desk to contact for reporting of incidents and requests for service.
- OMES provides a set monthly fee for services to assist agencies in projecting budgets
This service is available for all Oklahoma state agencies, offices, officers, bureaus, boards, commissions, counsels, units, divisions, bodies, authorities, or institutions of the executive, legislative or judicial branches of state government. It is also available to counties, municipalities, townships, tribal governments and other political subdivisions.
- Responsible for their own data, including backup and recovery of information stored on the hard drive of any workstation managed by Workstation Support group
- Responsible for purchase of licensing for all Workstation software (excluding Anti-Virus and Landesk Client software)
- Contact the OMES Service Desk regarding end user’s incidents and service requests and provide an accurate description, including any error messages
- All requests for managed equipment and software are subject to the OMES Change Management process.
- Allow OMES full access to managed equipment (physical and logical)
- Adhere to the Statewide Security Policies and Procedures document as it relates to workstation activity and workstation authority level.
- Train end users in the proper use of personal productivity and business applications
- Acquire and replace consumable items as necessary
- This includes, but is not limited to, ink, toner, paper and batteries
All requests for new hardware, software, or access IDs must be made via the OMES Service Desk. Requests should include the following information:
- User name and specific location
- Business unit contact (approver)
- Application owner contact
- Required date of delivery
- Specific instructions per type of request (e.g. specific access rights for a user ID request)
Requested Lead Times
- New user setup (standard hardware) – 5 days
- Basic user ID add/change – 2 days
- Standard software install/remove – 5 days
- Standard hardware requests – 5 days
- Delivery time does not include the time to achieve required business and application owner approvals
How Do We Charge?
Basic Unit of Charge:
- Monthly rate based on number of workstations, laptops and peripheral devices to be supported
- Excluded service such as:
- Office moves
- Large or complex project-related activities
- Additional managed desktops or peripherals introduced into environment
- Cost of repair/replacement of equipment due to end user negligence or other non-warrantable damage
- Upgraded service levels (requires SLA addendum)
Major Cost Drivers
- Quantity and type of managed client devices
- Optional components
- Customer business requirements - number of requests and/or project tasks
To order or inquire about this service, please contact the OMES Service Desk.
7 a.m.-7 p.m., Monday-Friday