Secure Data Center Space
The Operations and Production Services unit of the Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) Information Services Division (ISD) provides OMES Data Center floor space for offsite and backup equipment needs for mission critical and non-critical systems. OMES follows industry best practices for the physical security of its data center. Best practices state that processes and procedures should be established to ensure a safe and secure work environment for the entire OMES workforce and to secure the systems that reside at the data center.
OMES offers 3 options for data center cabinet/rack floor space:
- OMES provides the cabinet or necessary space within a cabinet
- Customer provides the cabinet
- Floor space reservations for future cabinets
This service includes the following:
- Floor space for the cabinet
- Physical Security (24-hours, 7-days-per-week)
- Redundant Power Distribution Unit (PDU) power for the cabinet
- UPS battery and redundant diesel generator backup power
- Fire detection and suppression system
- Fault tolerant high capacity under floor air conditioning to cool components
- Physically secure location for equipment
- Work areas for customers
** OMES network connection is available for an additional monthly fee.
- Scalability, flexibility and exceptional reliability without sacrificing control over your environment.
- Facilities and operational processes that ensure the availability and security of your IT equipment and operations.
- Secure facility environment with no less than three layers of physical security to each equipment cabinet.
- Any state agency or entity
- Possibly county or local government
- Customers are responsible for supporting and maintaining equipment contained in the cabinets
- Customer are required to request access for all staff requiring access to the equipment, no tailgating will be allowed
- Customers should schedule access to the equipment during normal business hours when possible
- Customers should designate local staff to serve as the primary contact
How Do We Charge?
Unit of Charge
- Data center floor space is free of charge for state agencies
- Initial setup fees for power drops are billed to the customer
- Monthly cost includes standard rates* for electrical drops and cooling requirements
* Rates are based on power demand fee, kilowatt usage, and projected heat load.
Major Cost Drivers
- Which option is selected
- How much power and cooling are required for the equipment
To order or inquire about this service, please contact the OMES Service Desk.
7 a.m.-7 p.m., Monday - Friday. 24 Hour access by appointment
Please contact the OMES Service Desk if you need any addition information about services in this catalog.
Last Modified on 10/01/2013