ECM Services is comprised of 2 component service offerings - Electronic Document Management (EDM) and Project Collaboration (PC) services. These 2 service offerings can be used independently of each other or in conjunction with each other as a fully integrated platform. These services provide a highly reliable, scalable, secure, and feature rich electronic document management and project collaboration "utility" platform that can be leveraged by State agencies for their various electronic document and project collaboration needs. This shared “utility” type service can be used by State agencies to store, workflow, and manage their electronic document assets while also providing an environment where collaboration between non co-located participants for any given State project can be facilitated via the Internet. A sample of some of the key features of the ECM service include:
Electronic Document Management (EDM) Features
- Web Browser Interface – access to the service will be provided using a standard web browser (e.g., Internet Explorer) as opposed to any "fat client" software that would need to be installed on the user desktop
- Library Services – document check in/checkout, re-visioning, and version control for any given electronic document
- Customizable Lifecycles – a chain of states a document can pass through during its lifetime (e.g., Author, Draft, WIP, Approved, Archived)
- Customizable Workflows – Order in which specific work is performed, or the route a document should take
- Document Metadata – Each electronic document comes with a standard set of metadata (attributes) which is searchable as well as customizable
- Document Templates – Predefined document templates can be imported, created in, versioned and protected by various levels of security and encryption
- Search – Automated full text indexing for any given document content for facilitating metadata and content searching
- Document Format Rendering – Documents can be automatically or manually rendered in various formats (e.g., HTML or PDF) for publishing to websites or to provide other forms of document delivery
- Annotations/Generic Viewer – If the user does not have the required desktop application software to view a specific document format, a Generic Viewer is available. This viewer also provides a wide range of annotation, redaction, and other capabilities that can be used for reviewing and annotating any given document.
- Security – A robust set of security capabilities includes n-tier security administration, support for 128bit encryption down to the document level, audit trails for who accessed what documents and when, and authentication via the Statewide NCID service
- Web Publishing – Automatic document publishing to a distant web server as well as document removal from web server
- Automatic Notifications – E-mail alerts letting you know when work has been assigned to you manually or automatically via workflow or when a document you’re interested in has been modified
- Logical Document Linkage – Logically link documents together when primary document is versioned, then link points to current version.
- Feature Rich Application Programming Interface (API) – Ability to interface new or existing agency applications to the document data base(s) using a standardized set of API's and tools.
Project Collaboration (PC) Features
- Web Browser Interface – Access to the service will be provided using a standard web browser (e.g., Internet Explorer) as opposed to any "fat client" software that would need to be installed on the user desktop.
- Project Planning and Reporting – Administer project report printing and formatting options. Use Gantt charts and planning features to track tasks and milestones.
- User-defined "Dashboards" – Gain immediate insight into the status of multiple projects and processes that span multiple project “eRooms” with direct access to underlying data.
- Extensive Search – Leverage site-wide search capabilities for content, members, and workspaces.
- Threaded Discussions – Manage multi-person conversations made up of various topics, which can include attachments, nested comments, and votes.
- Team Calendars – Create team calendars, with month, week and recurring events.
- Polls – Create, edit, and vote in polls to help teams reach closure by moving them away from open-ended discussion and closer to making decisions.
- User Inboxes – Create inboxes to receive and store e-mail. Inboxes can also use an inbox to create an archive of a project's correspondence by sending copies of all e-mail to an inbox.
- Document Management – Perform various document management functions such as version control, change notifications, and workflow.
- Task Tracking – Track issues and actions till closure.
- Portal Publishing – Ability to integrate with web portal environments for seamless access to project collaboration information.
This service is available for all Oklahoma state agencies, offices, officers, bureaus, boards, commissions, counsels, units, divisions, bodies, authorities, or institutions of the executive, legislative, or judicial branches of state government. It is also available to counties, municipalities, townships, Tribal governments, and other political subdivisions.
- Identify and provide for a project manager that will act as the primary point of contact for ITS and will coordinate agency on-boarding to the utility.
- Identify and provide a local EDM administrator to support the agency by creating agency specific taxonomies, groups, roles, users, and permission sets, jobs/methods, and custom document types as requested. This administrator would also act as a liaison between the agency and the ECM service.
- Identify and provide a local workflow/lifecycle administrator to support the agency by creating workflows and lifecycles as requested. This administrator would also act as a liaison between the agency and the ECM service. This could be the same person as the EDM administrator noted above.
- Identify and provide a local project collaboration administrator to support the agency by creating agency specific objects, groups, roles, users, and permission sets as requested. This administrator would also act as a liaison between the agency and the ECM service. This could be the same person as the EDM and/or workflow/lifecycle administrator noted above.
- Provide service utilization forecast/estimates information to the ECM Service Product Manager as requested/required
- Provide user information to allow for proper billing by the ECM Service
- Acquire proper/recommended training for end users.
- Acquire, maintain, and support any software and hardware relating to the scanning/image capture of hard copy documents that will be imported and stored in the service utility.
- Provide a qualified person to participate as needed in the Governance and Oversight process for the ECM service.
To order or inquire about this service, please contact the OSF Service Desk.
24 x 7, excluding planned outages, maintenance windows and unavoidable events
Maintenance windows are used only when needed for planned changes that have gone through the ITS Change Management Process. In addition to the Standard ITS Maintenance Windows, site-specific and service-specific changes may be coordinated with customers at non-standard times.
The current planned maintenance window is from 4 a.m.-noon Sunday.