Strategic Sourcing provides agencies an electronic sourcing solution that supports on-line supplier bidding, reverse auctions, dynamic bid analysis and awarding to purchase orders and state-wide contracts. Strategic sourcing solicitations (RFP/RFQ) can be created from agency requisitions, pre-configured templates, existing purchase orders, contracts or online in Strategic Sourcing. Suppliers can be invited to participate on solicitation opportunities by category registration, agency preference or on an ad hoc basis. Strategic Sourcing Events generate automatic e-mail notification to suppliers for invitation, amendments, bid confirmation and award. Suppliers are provided login credentials that allow them to respond to solicitation opportunities, print RFP or RFQ documentation and download excel versions of the event. Agency buyers can also track solicitation bid responses and electronically notify suppliers of changes to event status or information.
- Create RFP/RFQ events electronically that allow suppliers to collaborate with state buyers in a single online portal
- Create flexible Bid Factors that allow state buyers to gather critical response information from suppliers like price, brand, lead time, etc.
- Gather supplier bid responses electronically and analyze through 'what-if' scenarios
- Manage solicitations through new Rounds and Versions that track historical activity and communicate changes to suppliers
- Exchange information between state buyers and suppliers through event notes, comments and file attachments
- Utilize delivered integration with Purchasing and Commitment Control to create solicitation from pre-encumbered requisitions and award to encumbered Purchase Orders
- Provide suppliers the ability to log into a single portal and view solicitation opportunities that can be accepted, bid upon or declined
- Allows state buyers to view bid response activity and evaluate participation from supplier community
- Enable automatic e-mail notification to suppliers for event invitations, amendments, bid confirmation and award details
- Use event file attachments to communicate detailed specifications or terms and conditions to suppliers
This service is available for all Oklahoma state agencies, offices, officers, bureaus, boards, commissions, counsels, units, divisions, bodies, authorities, or institutions of the executive, legislative or judicial branches of state government. It is also available to counties, municipalities, townships, tribal governments and other political subdivisions.
- Document various types of agency solicitation opportunities, bid factors and suppliers involved
- Ensure correct e-mail information is maintained for supplier collaboration
- Provide supplier users a login user id/password to for electronic bid response ability
- Engage in module testing including unit, integration and user acceptance testing
- Research and document agency business process related to project administration and support
- Keep transactional information up-to-date
- Attend required training to access the system and train your agency users as needed
How Do We Charge?
There is no additional charge for the actual use of this PeopleSoft module.
To order or inquire about this service, please contact the OMES Service Desk.
24x7, excluding planned outages, maintenance windows and unavoidable events
Maintenance windows are used only when needed for planned changes that have gone through the ITS Change Management Process. In addition to the Standard ITS Maintenance Windows, site-specific and service-specific changes may be coordinated with customers at non-standard times.
The current planned maintenance window is from 4 a.m.-noon, Sunday.