The Roofing Contractor Registration Act (“RCRA”) creates a procedure whereby resident and nonresident roofing contractors are required to obtain a valid registration from the CIB in order to engage in or offer to engage in roofing-related services in the State of Oklahoma. While the registration is administered by the CIB, failure to register is a misdemeanor punishable by a fine of up to $500.00, which would be initiated by the district attorney’s office having jurisdiction. To obtain the registration, the contractor must submit their qualifications, show evidence of liability insurance of no less than $500,000.00, show evidence of workers’ compensation insurance coverage or exemption from coverage, provide certain information and meet other criteria as specified in the RCRA. The roofing contractor must register annually.
Roofing Contractor Registration Act
Roofing Contractor Application
Certain acts or omissions by a roofing contractor may lead to revocation, suspension or denial of the contractor’s registration. Under the RCRA, verified complaints are sent to the CIB alleging such actions or omissions. Upon receiving a complaint, the CIB will provide the contractor with an opportunity to respond in writing to the complaint. A copy of the complaint and the response are then forwarded and referred to the district attorney having jurisdiction for disposition determined at the discretion of each district attorney. The prohibited acts and omissions include:
- Abandonment of a roofing contract without legal excuse after a deposit of money or other consideration has been paid;
- Diversion of funds or property entrusted to a roofing contractor;
- Engaging in fraudulent or deceptive acts or practices or misrepresentation of products, services or qualifications as a roofing contractor;
- Making a false or misleading statement in an application for roofing contractor registration or renewal application or in soliciting a contract for roofing services;
- Adjudication against the roofing contractor by a court of competent jurisdiction for a violation of the provisions of the RCRA;
- Engaging in work without a valid registration or performing roofing services during any period when the roofing contractor's registration is denied, suspended or revoked;
- Engaging in roofing services without obtaining a proper permit as may be required by any state or local authority;
- Failure to comply with any tax laws authorized by the State of Oklahoma or any of its political subdivisions;
- Damaging or injuring persons or property while performing roofing services under a valid roofing contractor registration for which the roofing contractor's liability insurance or workers compensation coverage was inadequate; and
- Failure to comply with a specified provision of the RCRA.
Upon any judgment against the roofing contractor for violation of the RCRA, the CIB may suspend, revoke or deny registrations when so ordered by the court and update the Registry of Qualified Roofing Contractors accordingly.
Roofing Contractor Complaint Form
TO VERIFY REGISTRATION, FOLLOW THE LINKS BELOW
Roofing Registration Applicants by Applicant Last Name
Roofing Registration Applicants by Business Name
Roofing Registration Applicants by Registration Number