- Oklahoma Equipment Exchange
- DME Reuse
- Special Education Resolution Center
Chrysler, Ford, GM, Saturn and many other automobile manufacturers offer “Mobility Programs” established to provide rebates to drivers with disabilities for the installation of adaptive equipment in any new vehicle, whether purchased or leased. Most lifts and carriers are eligible for reimbursement under the terms of the mobility programs as listed below. There may also be state and federal programs available to financially assist with wheelchair carrier or scooter lift purchase. Contact ABLE Tech for more information.
The Chrysler Mobility Program
(800) 922-3826 (TDD)
Ford Mobility Motoring Program
(800) 833-0312 (TDD)
GM Mobility Reimbursement Program
(800) 833-9935 (TDD)
The Toyota Mobility Program
(800) 443-4999 (TDD)
Lexus Mobility Assistance Program
(800) 443-4999 (TDD)
Volkswagen Mobility Access Program
(800) DRIVE VW
Honda Customer Mobility Assistance Program
Acura Mobility Program
• Each company has different eligibility requirements. Contact the individual companies for these requirements.
• A prescription or letter from a licensed medical doctor on physician’s letterhead may be required for reimbursement. For some types of adaptations, such as hand controls and wheelchair or scooter hoists, the requirements for a medical note or prescription will be waived.
AT SERVICES PROVIDED/COVERED
• Information & Referral
AT DEVICES PROVIDED/COVERED
Vehicle Modifications and Reimbursement Program
• Contact the individual automobile company to inquire about their application process and policies.
PIECES OF THE PUZZLE
• Chrysler will provide a reimbursement to each eligible customer who installs qualifying adaptive driver or passenger equipment on a purchased or leased new Dodge, Jeep® or Chrysler vehicle. Conversions to minivans may be reimbursed up to $1000 while all other Chrysler Corporation cars and trucks qualify for a maximum of $750.
• Ford offers financial assistance of up to $1,200 for installation of adaptive equipment, and up to $200 on alerting devices for hearing impairments, lumbar seats and running boards on new Ford Motor Company vehicle purchases or leases.
• Under the GM Mobility Reimbursement Program, a customer may be reimbursed up to $1,000 of the cost of any eligible after market adaptive equipment when installed (or reinstalled) on any eligible purchased or leased new vehicle manufactured by GM, including Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, and GMC divisions. To take advantage of the GM Mobility Reimbursement Program, vehicles must be adapted within 12 months from the date of purchase/lease and a claim submitted within 90 days from the date of adaptation.
• Toyota Mobility is a program designed to address the transportation needs of Toyota owners who have a disability or who have a family member with a disability or mobility issue. The program provides cash assistance of up to $1,000 of the cost of adaptive equipment, comprehensive mobility resource information, and it offers flexible, extended-term financing of up to 84 months for a vehicle and the adaptive equipment.
• Lexus will provide a reimbursement of up to $1,000 to each eligible, original retail customer for the exact cost they paid to purchase and install qualifying adaptive driving or passenger equipment for transporting persons with physical disabilities. This offer applies to all purchased or leased Lexus vehicles. Leased vehicles require advance written approval of adaptive-equipment installations.
• Volkswagen will refund up to $1000 on the purchase or lease of a new Volkswagen vehicle if vehicle access or ramp equipment is installed.
• Honda supports the mobility needs of drivers and passengers with physical disabilities. Honda will provide a reimbursement up to $1,000 to each eligible, original retail customer for expenses incurred to purchase and install qualifying adaptive equipment on any eligible purchased or leased Honda vehicle.
• Acura supports the mobility needs of drivers and passengers with physical disabilities. When you purchase or lease an Acura vehicle, you will be provided with a cash reimbursement up to $1,000 of the cost of aftermarket adaptive equipment that is installed on any eligible vehicle.