- Oklahoma Equipment Exchange
- DME Reuse
- Special Education Resolution Center
To provide low interest loans to assist blind persons with the purchase of assistive technology including; computers, screen-reading hardware and software, electronic notetakers, Braille embossers, refreshable Braille devices, and speech synthesizers. The loans are for one to four-year periods, under $3,000 with an interest rate of 3%.
National Federation of the Blind of Oklahoma
242 E 35th St
Tulsa, OK 74105
• Must have sufficient income to pay back loan.
• Persons who are legally blind (all ages)
• Beginning to work with low vision (borderline vision impairment)
AT SERVICES PROVIDED/COVERED
• Information & Referral
• Training for Consumer & Family
• Locating Alternate Funding
• Advocacy/Other (Low Interest Loans)
AT DEVICES PROVIDED/COVERED
Aids for Vision Impaired
• Contact by phone, letter or e-mail and request service(s) and/or low interest loan program application.
• Complete telephone interview for low-interest loan.
• Complete application including goals and uses of computer-based devices by individual.
• Award of loan determined by National Office of NFB with Oklahoma affiliate input.
PIECES OF THE PUZZLE
• Membership to NFB of Oklahoma is $1 per year for an individual/family membership.
• Membership is not a requirement to receive a loan.