- Oklahoma Equipment Exchange
- DME Reuse
- Special Education Resolution Center
Patient Services Program
The Muscular Dystrophy Association’s (MDA) primary mission is to find a treatment(s) or cure for neuromuscular disease. Secondary to that is the provision of medical care, equipment, and summer camp.
Health Care Services
Muscular Dystrophy Association, Inc.
5601 NW 72nd, Ste 124
Oklahoma City, OK 73132
FAX: (405) 722-1602
Email: oklahomacitya@ mdausa.org
3015 E. Skelly Dr. Ste 221-A
Tulsa, OK 74105
FAX: (918) 749-3725
• Client must be diagnosed with one of the 43 neuromuscular diseases covered by the association and be a permanent resident of the United States.
AT SERVICES PROVIDED/COVERED
• Information & Referral
• Loan Closet
• Neuromuscular center, which offers assessments, evaluations, & medical care
• Locating Alternate Funding
• Financial assistance with the purchase and maintenance & repair of wheelchair; scooters; leg braces; and communication devices
AT DEVICES PROVIDED/COVERED
Aids for Daily Living
Wheelchairs & Mobility Aids
• Must be referred by private physician with either confirmed or suspected diagnosis of neuromuscular disease.
• Once a firm diagnosis is established, patient is eligible.
PIECES OF THE PUZZLE
• Assessments and evaluations are limited to annual physical therapy and occupational therapy evaluations through the MDA Clinic only.
• MDA is a “payor of last resort.” Private and public insurance must be billed first. MDA only covers the patient’s out-of-pocket expense (up to the MDA maximum) of covered services.
• MDA provides up to:
• $2000 for augmentative communication devices,
• $2000 for purchase of a wheelchair or leg brace (once every three (3) years for children and once every five (5) years for adults), and
• $500 for covered equipment repair (every year).