- Oklahoma Equipment Exchange
- DME Reuse
- Special Education Resolution Center
The Mary K. Chapman Center for Communicative Disorders at the University of Tulsa provides professional audiology and speech-language pathology services to individuals of all ages. The center is a clinical learning facility of the speech-language pathology program. University students, under supervision of the program’s faculty, provide assessment and therapy services for a variety of speech, language and hearing disorders. The center is located at the University of Tulsa campus. The Center for Communicative Disorders partners with Oklahoma ABLE Tech to provide an assistive technology device demonstration center and short-term equipment loan program. The demonstration center can assist a person or small group of individuals the opportunity to explore one or more assistive technology devices to assist in the decision making process about device purchase or utilization. The short-term equipment loan program allows a person to “try before you buy” an assistive technology device.
University of Tulsa
2820 E 5th St
Tulsa, OK 74104
FAX: (918) 631-3668
• Persons of all ages: medical, education and self-referrals are accepted.
• Any Oklahoma may utilize the demonstration center or short-term equipment loan program.
AT SERVICES PROVIDED/COVERED
• Information & Referral
• Assessments and Evaluations
• Loan Closet
• Training for Consumer & Family
AT DEVICES PROVIDED/COVERED
• Contact the Mary K. Chapman Center at (918) 631-2504 for more information about the short-term equipment loan program.
PIECES OF THE PUZZLE
The clinic provides a variety of services by appointment.
Services available include:
• Free speech-language and hearing screening tests for children;
• Free hearing screenings for adults;
• Speech-language assessment (evaluation);
• Hearing evaluation;
• Speech-language therapy;
• Monthly Cleft Palate Team;
• Audiological rehabilitation (including cochlear implant); and
• Augmentative communication.