- Oklahoma Equipment Exchange
- DME Reuse
- Special Education Resolution Center
Hearing Loss Association (HLA) and its members are catalysts that make mainstream society more accessible to people who are hard of hearing. It strives to improve the quality of life to individuals who are hard of hearing through education, advocacy and self- help. The primary purpose of HLA is to educate people that are hard of hearing, their families and friends, co-workers, teachers, hearing health care providers, industry, government, and others about hearing loss. HLA partners with Oklahoma ABLE Tech to provide an assistive technology device demonstration center and short-term equipment loan program. The demonstration center can assist a person or small group of individuals the opportunity to explore one or more assistive technology devices to assist in the decision making process about device purchase or utilization. The short-term loan program allows a person to “try before you buy” an assistive technology device.
Hearing Loss Association
Integris Third Age Life Center
5100 N Brookline Ave
Oklahoma City, OK 73112
Hearing Helpers Room
• Persons of all ages with hearing impairments and their family members
AT SERVICES PROVIDED/COVERED
• Information & Referral
• Training for Consumer & Family
• Loan Closet
AT DEVICES PROVIDED/COVERED
Aids for Hearing Impaired
• There is no application necessary to use the Hearing Helpers Room.
PIECES OF THE PUZZLE
• The Hearing Helpers Room is staffed by volunteers and is open from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
• Come & see our devices and try them out with NO obligation. Hearing Helpers is not a vendor; therefore, does not sell the devices.
• A small deposit is required for the short-term equipment loan program.