- Oklahoma Equipment Exchange
- DME Reuse
- Special Education Resolution Center
Habitat for Humanity International (HFH) is a nonprofit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry that seeks to eliminate poverty and substandard housing from the face of the earth, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. People from all walks of life come together in equal partnership to build relationships and a sense of community as well as new housing. HFH builds and rehabilitates homes with the help of the homeowner, volunteer labor, management expertise, and tax-deductible donations. HFH houses are sold or renovated at no profit, and are financed with affordable, no interest loans. Habitat works on accessible housing needs with families who have members that are disabled or aging.
Jonathon Reckfor, CEO
Habitat for Humanity International
270 Peachtree St., NW
Atlanta, GA 30303
See Appendix C for Oklahoma Affiliates.
• Ability to repay loan. Each local chapter sets criteria.
• Eligibility is based on the applicant’s level of need, ability to repay the loan, and willingness to become a partner with HFH. Each affiliate will require “sweat equity” hours (hours of the applicant’s own labor). “Creative sweat equity” that fits the ability of the applicant can be arranged.
AT SERVICES PROVIDED/COVERED
• No AT services are provided or covered.
AT DEVICES PROVIDED/COVERED
Home Modifications New Homes that are Accessible
• Contact your local chapter of HFH. Each affiliate has different specific requirements.
• The process usually includes: an application, interviews, and home visits. All information is reviewed by the Family Selection Committee and sent to the Board of Directors for possible approval. After approval, applicants start their sweat equity hours.
• HFH is nondiscriminatory in its family selection process.
PIECES OF THE PUZZLE
• HFH provides home modifications and accessible housing for Partner Families’ homes selected by local affiliate.
• Home modifications are not the main mission of HFH; however, they may be provided on a case-by-case basis.