- Oklahoma Equipment Exchange
- DME Reuse
- Special Education Resolution Center
The mission of the Disabled Children’s Relief Fund (DCRF) is to promote the growth and development of children with disabilities, increase public awareness, and support efforts that strengthen compliance with state and federal laws for the benefit of children with disabilities. DCRF provides disabled children with equipment, prostheses, and rehabilitative services throughout the United States. In light of the growing cost of health insurance, and the large number of families with little or no coverage, DCRF focuses special attention on helping children that do not have health insurance, especially the physically disabled. DCRF grant applications may be used to request total or partial support for assistive devices, rehabilitative services, arts and humanities projects, or for efforts to bolster compliance with existing federal and state laws for disabled children.
Assistant to the President of Disabled Children’s Relief Fund
P. O. Box 7420
Freeport, NY 11520
FAX: (516) 377-3978
• Focus on children without health insurance.
• Disabled children ages 0-18
• Preference is given to applications that benefit physically challenged children without health insurance.
• DCRF application and guidelines are required.
AT SERVICES PROVIDED/COVERED
• The Rehabilitative Service Grant program is designed to provide rehabilitative services for disabled children such as surgery, physical therapy, and related medical services. However, this list is not all-encompassing. Applicants are encouraged to request rehabilitative services that will prove most beneficial for the child.
AT DEVICES PROVIDED/COVERED
Aids for Hearing Impaired
Prosthetics & Orthotics
Aids for Vision Impaired
Wheelchairs & Mobility Aids
• Contact the Disabled Children’s Relief Fund and request an application form.
• Applications may be submitted by a parent or guardian for an individual child or by a non-profit organization for a small group of children.
• Applications are only available and accepted between April and September.