- Oklahoma Equipment Exchange
- DME Reuse
- Special Education Resolution Center
Division of Visual Services
Oklahoma Department of Rehabilitation Services (DRS)
The Oklahoma Library for the Blind and Physically Handicapped (OLBPH) in the Division of Visual Services offers services for persons who are blind, visually impaired and those with disabilities preventing them from using regular print materials. Reading material is provided in, as well as in braille. Thousands of books, textbooks and periodicals recorded in special audio format on cassette or digital book cartridge and braille formats are available through the library at no charge and are sent and returned via postage-free mail. As a regional depository for the Library of Congress, National Library Services for the Blind and Physically Handicapped, OLBPH circulates additional materials to patrons through reciprocal agreements with other regional libraries. The OLBPH also operates the Accessible Instructional Materials (AIM) Center. The AIM Center maintains a central depository of braille and large print textbooks and other specialized instructional materials for loan to Oklahoma students who cannot use regular print.
Paul Adams, Director
DRS. Division of Visual Services
300 NE 18th St
Oklahoma City, OK 73105
(405) 521-4672 (TDD)
FAX: (405) 521-4582
• A person with a visual, physical, or learning disability that prevents or limits their ability to read standard print
• People with both permanent and temporary disabilities may be served.
AT SERVICES PROVIDED/COVERED
• Information & Referral
• Loan of tape recorded and braille books
• Loan of cassette machines for playing talking books
• Loan of descriptive videos
• Newsline: newspapers read over the phone by computer. Braille, tape, and large print textbooks and specialized instructional equipment for visually impaired children and youth in Oklahoma Schools
AT DEVICES PROVIDED/COVERED
• Playback machines for reading talking books are loaned.
• To request an application for service, books and operating equipment, CONTACT the Oklahoma Library for the Blind & Physically Handicapped online at: http://www.library.state.ok/us/applications/individual.pdf.