- Oklahoma Equipment Exchange
- DME Reuse
- Special Education Resolution Center
The mission of the J.D. McCarty Center for Children with Developmental Disabilities is to provide a comprehensive program of rehabilitative care for children with developmental disabilities. Within a multi-disciplinary approach to service delivery, they provide an intensive and comprehensive habilitative environment through direct service, referrals, consultations, education, training, transitional planning and community support. The J.D. McCarty Center offers a large variety of services which include: outpatient/inpatient services, teletherapy, physical therapy, occupational therapy, communications disorders therapy psychological testing, and recreational activities. The J.D. McCarty Center also has an Adaptive Equipment Assessment Clinic that enables parents to learn what is available to assist them in caring for their child or to help the child better take care of him/her self.
2002 E Robinson
P. O. Box 490
Norman, OK 73070
FAX: (405) 307-2801
• Children with a developmental disability age birth to 21
• J.D. McCarty staff determine appropriate services to be delivered based on screening of children
• Payment is on a sliding-scale based on the household income
• Medicaid and private insurance are acceptable methods of payment
AT SERVICES PROVIDED/COVERED
• Assessments & Evaluations
• Maintenance & Repairs
• Case Management
• Training for Consumer & Family
• Information & Referral
• Fabrication of Devices
AT DEVICES PROVIDED/COVERED
• No AT devices are provided or covered.
• Complete required health forms at the time of initial screening.
1. When a child or family member has a conflict they are encouraged to discuss their concerns with the charge nurse, therapist or case manager to resolve the issue informally.
2. The conflict will then be referred to the patient advocate, who will attempt to resolve the matter by assisting the child or family member in filing a formal grievance.