National Federation of the Blind
To provide low-interest loans to assist blind persons with the purchase of assistive technology including; computers, screen-reading hardware and software, electronic note-takers, Braille embossers, refreshable Braille devices, and speech synthesizers. The loans are from one to four-year periods, under $3,000 with an interest rate of 3%.
Jeannie Massay, President
National Federation of the Blind of Oklahoma
457 N. Blackwelder Ave.
Edmond, OK 73034
- Must have sufficient income to repay the loan.
- Persons who are legally blind, of any age, or
- beginning to work with low vision (borderline vision impairment).
AT SERVICES PROVIDED/COVERED
- Information & Referral
- Training for Consumer & Family
- Locating Alternate Funding
- Advocacy/Other (Low Interest Loans)
AT DEVICES PROVIDED/COVERED
- Aids for Vision Impaired
- Computers & Related
- Contact by phone, letter or e-mail and request service(s) and/or the low-interest loan program application.
- Complete telephone interview for low-interest loan.
- Complete application including goals and uses of computer-based devices by individual.
- Award of loan determined by National Office of NFB with Oklahoma affiliate input.
PIECES OF THE PUZZLE
- Membership to NFB of Oklahoma is $1 per year for an individual/family membership.
- Membership is not a requirement to receive a loan.