Mary K. Chapman Center for Communicative Disorders
The University of Tulsa
The Mary K. Chapman Center for Communicative Disorders at The University of Tulsa provides professional audiology and speech-language pathology services to individuals of all ages. The center is a clinical learning facility of the speech-language pathology program. University students, under supervision of the program’s faculty, provide assessment and therapy services for a variety of speech, language and hearing disorders.
University of Tulsa
2820 E 5th St
Tulsa, OK 74104
FAX: (918) 631-3668
- Persons of all ages: medical, education and self-referrals are accepted.
AT SERVICES PROVIDED/COVERED
- Information & Referral
- Assessments and Evaluations
- Loan Closet
- Training for Consumer & Family
AT DEVICES PROVIDED/COVERED
- Speech Communication
- Computers & Related
- Environmental Adaptations
- Contact the Mary K. Chapman Center at (918) 631-2913 for more information about the short-term equipment loan program.
PIECES OF THE PUZZLE
- The Center for Communicative Disorders partners with Oklahoma ABLE Tech to provide an assistive technology device demonstration center and short-term equipment loan program. The demonstration center can assist a person or small group of individuals the opportunity to explore one or more assistive technology devices to assist in the decision-making process about device purchase or utilization. The short-term equipment loan program allows a person to “try before you buy” an assistive technology device.
- The clinic provides a variety of services by appointment. Services available include:
- Free speech-language and hearing screening tests for children;
- Free hearing screenings for adults;
- Speech-language assessment (evaluation);
- Hearing evaluation;
- Speech-language therapy;
- Monthly Cleft Palate Team;
- Audiological rehabilitation (including cochlear implant); and
- Augmentative communication.
- An AAC clinic is scheduled monthly.