Hearing Loss Association (HLA) of Oklahoma City
Hearing Loss Association (HLA) and its members strive to improve the quality of life to individuals who are hard of hearing through education, advocacy and self-help. The primary purpose of HLA is to educate people who are hard of hearing, their families and friends, co-workers, teachers, industry, government, and others about hearing loss. HLA provides adults and children with tools for self help; sensitizes the general population about the special needs of people who have hearing loss; and promotes understanding of the nature, causes, complications, and remedies of hearing loss, as well as ways to cope with it in daily life.
Hearing Loss Association
Integris Third Age Life Center
5100 N Brookline Ave
Oklahoma City, OK 73112
Hearing Helpers Room
- Persons of all ages with hearing impairments and their family members
AT SERVICES PROVIDED/COVERED
- Information & Referral
- Training for Consumer & Family
- Loan Closet
AT DEVICES PROVIDED/COVERED
- No AT devices provided or covered.
- There is no application necessary to use the Hearing Helpers Room.
PIECES OF THE PUZZLE
- The Hearing Helpers Room is staffed by volunteers and is open from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Come & see listening devices and try them out with NO obligation. Hearing Helpers is not a vendor; therefore, does not sell the devices.
- HLA partners with Oklahoma ABLE Tech to provide an assistive technology device demonstration center and short-term equipment loan program. The demonstration center can assist a person or small group of individuals the opportunity to explore one or more assistive technology devices to assist in the decision-making process about device purchase or utilization. The short-term loan program allows a person to “try before you buy” an assistive technology device.
- A small deposit is required for the short-term equipment loan program.