Disabled Children's Relief Fund
The mission of the Disabled Children’s Relief Fund (DCRF) is to promote the growth and development of children with disabilities throughout the U.S. DCRF provides small grants to children with disabilities for wheelchairs, orthopedic braces, walkers, lifts, hearing aids, eyeglasses, medical equipment, physical therapy, and surgery. DCRF focuses special attention on helping children that do not have health insurance, especially those with physical disabilities.
Larita Moultrie, Assistant to the President of Disabled Children’s Relief Fund
P. O. Box 89
Freeport, NY 11520
FAX: (516) 377-3978
Focus on children without health insurance.
- Disabled children ages 0-18;
- preference is given to applications that benefit physically challenged children without health insurance; and
- DCRF application and guidelines are required.
AT SERVICES PROVIDED/COVERED
- No AT services are provided or covered.
AT DEVICES PROVIDED/COVERED
- Aids for Hearing Impaired
- Speech Communication
- Aids for Vision Impaired
- Mobility Seating/Positioning
- The application form is at: www.dcrf.com.
- Applications may be submitted by a parent or guardian for an individual child or by a non-profit organization for a small group of children.
- DCRF grant applications may be used for modest requests (most range between $25 to $200) for assistive devices or rehabilitative services
- Applications are only available and accepted between April and September.