Supplemental Security Income: Disabled Children's Program (SSI-DCP)
Adult & Family Support Services, Health Related Medical Services Unit
Department of Human Services
The Supplemental Security Income-Disabled Children’s Program (SSI-DCP) provides specialized goods and services to SSI-disabled recipients under 18 years of age. SSI-DCP is funded by Title V, Maternal and Child Health, Children with Special Health Care Needs program and shares the purpose of maintaining the child in his or her own home and avoiding the institutionalization of a child with a disability.
Carla McCarrell-Williams, Programs Field Representative
Adult and Family Support Services Division
Oklahoma Department of Human Services
P.O. Box 25352
Oklahoma City, OK 73125
FAX: (405) 521-4158
See Appendix B for a list of the Department of Human Services Centers.
- Must receive SSI benefits
- Applicants must be under 18 years of age; and
- receiving SSI benefits.
AT SERVICES PROVIDED/COVERED
- Information & Referral
- Locating Alternate Funding
- Fabrication of Devices
- Maintenance & Repairs
AT DEVICES PROVIDED/COVERED
- Aids for Daily Living
- Recreation & Leisure Devices
- Mobility/Seating & Positioning
- Vehicle Modifications
- Contact the county office of the Department of Human Services (DHS).
- Contact worker in local Human Services Centers to complete H.1 Form (Hearing Request).
- The appeals process will be handled by the local Human Services Center.
- All guidelines for the appeals process will be governed by OKDHS policy 340:2-5-60.
PIECES OF THE PUZZLE
- This program assists children from birth to age 18 who receive a Supplemental Security Income - Disability Payment (SSI) to receive assistance in getting needed equipment and services. This includes adaptive equipment and specialty formula for children from birth to age 18 and diapers from ages 4-18.
- A professional who works with the child must recommend the services or adaptive equipment needed.