- Oklahoma Equipment Exchange
- DME Reuse
- Special Education Resolution Center
This cutting board is for anyone who has the use of only one hand. It has stainless steel nails to hold vegetables in place. PVC corner guards help prevent food from sliding off the board. It has a non slip material to keep the board from sliding.
• 1 - Plastic Cutting Board
• 2 - PVC Pipe (around 4 inches)
• 3 - Long Nails (1¾ inch)
• 4 - Screws (½ inch)
• 1 - Small Package of Easy Liner shelf paper or any type of non-slip material that can be glued to plastic
• Screwdriver / Drill
1. Pre-drill 2 small holes on each piece of PVC pipe
2. Place the two PVC pipes at the corner of the cutting board (as shown below) then using the ½ inch screws tighten the PVC pipe to the cutting board
3. Pre drill 3 small holes at the opposite end of the PVC pipes in the shape of a triangle.
4. Using the 1¾ inch nails, hammer them into the pre-drilled holes
5. Glue the non-slip material to the bottom of the cutting board
Purchase Price: $36.25 Make-N-Take Price: $7.00
No drill? Ask at a home improvement store to help pre-drill the holes or use a
hammer and nail to start a small hole for the screws.
No saw? Ask your home improvement store to pre-cut your PVC pipes.
The Oklahoma Assistive Technology Project, Oklahoma ABLE Tech, is funded by National Institute on Disability and Rehabilitation Research of the U.S. Department of Education. To contact OK ABLE Tech call 1-800-257-1705 or INFO-line 1-888-885-5588