- About Us
- Programs for Children and Youth
- Oklahoma Equipment Exchange
- DME Reuse
Make-N-Take Adapted Book Project
Adding "page fluffers" to the pages of a book provides an easy way for children with or without disabilities to turn pages.
1. Number the pages in the book; cut the book apart to separate each page.
2. Laminate each page of the story.
3. Three-hole punch each page and put it in the binder in order.
4. Cut the weather stripping into 1/2" chunks. Peel the backing of each piece and place two or three pieces on each page: one at the top, one at the bottom, and one in the middle.
5. Slide the cover of the book into the front of the binder and make a spine label.
The Oklahoma Assistive Technology Project, Oklahoma ABLE Tech, is funded by the National Institute on Disability and Rehabilitation Research of the U.S. Department of Education. To contact OK ABLE Tech call 1-800-257-1705 or INFO-line 1-888-885-5588