The State Comptroller directs the daily operations of the Division of Central Accounting and Reporting (DCAR), which is responsible for establishing the policies and procedures for state financial transactions and for executing those transactions in accordance with the various state statutes, federal regulations, and governmental accounting and reporting standards.
- Central Accounting Unit: Maintains the state central accounting system to ensure budgetary and financial compliance with laws and regulations through general ledger accounting and maintenance, payroll accounting, tax accounting and reporting activities, including processing of general ledger transactions for revenues and expenditures, cash allocations, centralized payroll tax and withholding payments, maintenance of employee earnings records, and issuance of year end tax forms, such as W-2 and 1099M.
- Transaction Processing Unit: Performs audits and processes payments for the settlement of state expenditure claims and payrolls to ensure compliance with laws and regulations, custodian of expenditure documents and records, and maintains the state central vendor file.
- Financial Reporting Unit: Prepares the State of Oklahoma comprehensive annual financial report as required by state law for use in analysis and decision making by state management, creditors and others; maintains reporting information for all agencies, funds, and component units included in the state reporting entity; and prepares the annual schedule of expenditures of federal awards.
- Agency Business Services: Provides shared services for various state agencies via contract to streamline and provide more efficient and effective back office finance functions, including budgeting, accounts payable and reporting. OMES also provides shared services for procurement, human resources and payroll functions.
- Gaming Compliance Unit: Created as a part of the State-Tribal Gaming Act, this unit has the authority to carry out the state’s oversight responsibilities under the tribal gaming compact.
State of Oklahoma - A Report to Our Citizens
Annual Financial Report
Appendix A3: OSF Object of Expenditure Code
Volume 26, FY-2016
Vol. 26, No. 2 - Aug. 14, 2015 (opens in new window)
- Employee Moving Expenses
- Using State Vehicles to Commute
- Payroll Warrants Issued in Error
- Payroll Stat Cancelled Warrants Not Eligible for Reissue
- Higher Education Payroll Processing and Reporting
- Project Website Updated
- Upcoming Project Q & A Session
- ACA Notification for Agency HR Representatives
- Proper Use of 700 Funds
- No Changes to Voucher Batch Slips after Submission
- Processing Rejected Vouchers for Payment
- Financial Reporting
- Audit Report Deadline – Pensions/Component Units/College & Universities
- State CAFR Receives Award
- GAAP Package Deadlines
- Agency News
- Mark Your Calendars – PCI DSS Seminar Sept. 10, 2015
- 15th Annual Oklahoma Payroll Conference
- 2015 Fall Nonresident Alien Tax Compliance Training Workshops
- Payroll Law 2015
- The Complete Guide to Payroll Taxes and 1099 Issues
- Payroll 101: Foundations of Payroll Certificate Program
- Payroll 201: Payroll Administration Certificate Program