The State Comptroller directs the daily operations of the Division of Central Accounting and Reporting (DCAR), which is responsible for establishing the policies and procedures for state financial transactions and for executing those transactions in accordance with the various state statutes, federal regulations, and governmental accounting and reporting standards.
- Central Accounting Unit: Maintains the state central accounting system to ensure budgetary and financial compliance with laws and regulations through general ledger accounting and maintenance, payroll accounting, tax accounting and reporting activities, including processing of general ledger transactions for revenues and expenditures, cash allocations, centralized payroll tax and withholding payments, maintenance of employee earnings records, and issuance of year end tax forms, such as W-2 and 1099M.
- Transaction Processing Unit: Performs audits and processes payments for the settlement of state expenditure claims and payrolls to ensure compliance with laws and regulations, custodian of expenditure documents and records, and maintains the state central vendor file.
- Financial Reporting Unit: Prepares the State of Oklahoma comprehensive annual financial report as required by state law for use in analysis and decision making by state management, creditors and others; maintains reporting information for all agencies, funds, and component units included in the state reporting entity; and prepares the annual schedule of expenditures of federal awards.
- Agency Business Services: Provides shared services for various state agencies via contract to streamline and provide more efficient and effective back office finance functions, including budgeting, accounts payable and reporting. OMES also provides shared services for procurement, human resources and payroll functions.
- Gaming Compliance Unit: Created as a part of the State-Tribal Gaming Act, this unit has the authority to carry out the state’s oversight responsibilities under the tribal gaming compact.
State of Oklahoma - A Report to Our Citizens
Annual Financial Report
Appendix A3: OSF Object of Expenditure Code
Volume 26, FY-2016
Vol. 26, No. 1 - July 20, 2015 (opens in new window)
- Top Story
- New Look, New Name - Same Newsletter
- Employee Terminations and Rehires - Reminder
- Employees Not Paid Since Query
- Adjustments to Oklahoma Child Support Payments
- Submission of OMES Form 94P - Tidbits
- State Contribution Fund Interagency Payments
- Updating Employee Bank Routing Numbers
- Higher Education Payroll Processing and Reporting
- Higher Education FEI Change Coming January 2016
- Project Designated Area on Website
- Late Payment To Vendors - New Interest Rate - FY 2016
- General Ledger
- Payment into General Fund of State
- 1099 Miscellaneous Reporting
- 1099 Tax Information Quarterly Report
- Mid-Year 1099 IRS TIN Match
- Vendor Registration
- Updated Vendor Forms Notification
- Vendor Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer Registration Instructions
- Vendor Reactivation Instructions
- Changes to Vendor Name or Tax ID
- Vendor Registration Contact Information
- 2015 Fall Nonresident Alien Tax Compliance Training Workshops
- Payroll Law 2015
- The Complete Guide to Payroll Taxes and 1099 Issues
- Payroll 101: Foundations of Payroll Certificate Program
- Payroll 201: Payroll Administration Certificate Program