The State Comptroller directs the daily operations of the Division of Central Accounting and Reporting (DCAR), which is responsible for establishing the policies and procedures for state financial transactions and for executing those transactions in accordance with the various state statutes, federal regulations, and governmental accounting and reporting standards.
- Central Accounting Unit: Maintains the state central accounting system to ensure budgetary and financial compliance with laws and regulations through general ledger accounting and maintenance, payroll accounting, tax accounting and reporting activities, including processing of general ledger transactions for revenues and expenditures, cash allocations, centralized payroll tax and withholding payments, maintenance of employee earnings records, and issuance of year end tax forms, such as W-2 and 1099M.
- Transaction Processing Unit: Performs audits and processes payments for the settlement of state expenditure claims and payrolls to ensure compliance with laws and regulations, custodian of expenditure documents and records, and maintains the state central vendor file.
- Financial Reporting Unit: Prepares the State of Oklahoma comprehensive annual financial report as required by state law for use in analysis and decision making by state management, creditors and others; maintains reporting information for all agencies, funds, and component units included in the state reporting entity; and prepares the annual schedule of expenditures of federal awards.
- Agency Business Services: Provides shared services for various state agencies via contract to streamline and provide more efficient and effective back office finance functions, including budgeting, accounts payable and reporting. OMES also provides shared services for procurement, human resources and payroll functions.
- Gaming Compliance Unit: Created as a part of the State-Tribal Gaming Act, this unit has the authority to carry out the State’s oversight responsibilities under the tribal gaming compact.
State of Oklahoma - A Report to Our Citizens
Annual Financial Report
Appendix A3: OSF Object of Expenditure Code
DCAR Newsletter, Volume 25, FY-2015
Vol. 25, No. 1 - July 2, 2014 (opens in new window)
- Top Story
- Tight Timeframe for Payroll Processing in November
- OMES Form PWC, Payroll Warrant Cancellation
- EFT Stop Payments, Reversals and Reclaims
- Payroll Processed Before a Reversal Completed
- Searching for Individuals Using the Statewide Employee View
- Taxability of Gift Cards, Certificates, and Coupons
- Reduction of Annual Leave Hours for Overpayments
- 1099 Tax Information Quarterly Report
- Mid-Year 1099 IRS TIN Match
- Late Payment To Vendors - New Interest Rate - FY 2015
- Account Codes – Revised and New
- Enterprise Business Services (formerly CORE)
- Important Upgrade Date: Aug. 29 Query Freeze
- Now the Time to Prepare Queries for the 9.2 Upgrade!
- OFMA Meeting - Aug. 7, 2014
- Payroll Law 2014
- Upcoming Local Training/CPE 14th Annual Oklahoma Payroll Conference
- Certified Government Financial Manager (CGFM) Course