Department: Oklahoma Aeronautics Commission
County Location: Oklahoma County
Date Opened: November 24, 2014
Filing Deadline: December 19, 2014. 5:00 p.m.
Salary: Annual Salary Range (Minimum/Maximum): $30,000 - $34,000
BASIC PURPOSE: This position will report to and assist the Director and the Chief Operations Officer as assigned in detailed and confidential administrative functions as well as provide professional assistance to other staff members.
• Provide assistance as required to other staff members.
• Maintain and post interoffice personnel schedules and meetings to office calendar
• Arrange and coordinate travel for office as well as filing travel claims for reimbursement.
• Schedule staff members’ use of agency vehicles (includes arranging auto maintenance, cleaning and reporting).
• Open and distribute mail as well as maintain copier and other office equipment.
• Required training on Oracle System as backup for processing of purchase orders and claim processing.
• Records and inventory management to include filing, sending records to storage, and processing records for disposal.
• Manage call flow, take messages, and disseminate information and direct calls to various personnel as appropriate.
• Assist the Director with scheduling; maintaining his calendar and contacts, contacting various persons either by phone or via email, writing correspondence, keeping files, etc.
• Order office supplies, accept delivery of office supplies, etc.; verify shipping documents with purchase order request, and forward documents to the appropriate department.
• Report building maintenance issues and network and computer related issues.
• Take orders for windsocks, mail to requesting airports/entities and keep inventory of windsocks on hand. Perform business-related errands.
• Assist walk-ins with directions to obtain information regarding specific needs and/or requests.
• Receipt incoming checks and prepare deposit slips.
• Assist with other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Ability to handle confidential information with utmost discretion. Punctuality, good organizational skills and the ability to multi-task. Skill in business communications, including grammar, punctuation, and spelling. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and the public; to exercise tack, courtesy and initiative. Ability to interpret and handle routine decisions in accordance with agency policy and to follow oral and written instructions. Conscientious commitment and willingness to provide courteous, consistent, efficient service through the performance of the prescribed job duties. Professional appearance and presentation essential.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Five (5) years experience in general secretarial or general office experience. High school graduate or GED certification. *NOTE* Up to two (2) years of college, business school or business/office related vocational education may be substituted for two years required experience. Certified Procurement Officer Credentials preferred but not required. Certification or transcripts must be provided upon request.
If you feel you meet these qualifications, please email or fax the Oklahoma Aeronautics Commission a copy of your resume along with a brief letter stating why you feel you are qualified and provide at least professional references. Email: email@example.com; Facsimile: 405-604-6919. Our physical location is: Oklahoma Aeronautics Commission, Attn: Elaine Spell, Chief Operations Officer, 120 N Robinson, Suite 1244W, Oklahoma City, OK 73102.
The Commission is an Equality Opportunity Employer and Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.