The Center for Aerospace and Defense Supplier Quality (CADSQ), a program of the Oklahoma Aeronautics Commission and the only one of its kind in the country, provides expert advice and counsel at no-cost to aviation, aerospace and/or defense companies in Oklahoma to help them capture more business with the Department of Defense and Prime Contractors/OEMs and commercial aviation enterprises. Trying to do business with those entities can be very daunting, particularly for small to medium-sized businesses. CADSQ is there to help guide them through this intricate and, often times, complex process.
Why was CADSQ created?
- Oklahoma companies receive very little of the approximately $5 billion outsourced annually by Tinker Air Force Base.
- Empowering Oklahoma aerospace companies to win more contracts with DoD and prime contractors, such as Boeing and Lockheed Martin, will result in retaining and creating more high-paying jobs in Oklahoma (average annual salary for an Oklahoma aerospace employee is nearly $60,000 versus $37,000 for the average Oklahoma worker).
Results to date (as of April 2014):
- Since its inception in the last half of fiscal year 2007, CADSQ has advised or assisted approximately 300 Oklahoma aerospace and aviation businesses.
- As a result of the efforts of CADSQ, 33 aerospace companies in Oklahoma have won 390 contracts from the Department of Defense (DoD) and Prime Contractors totaling $52.6 million. Using a DoD formula, this equates to approximately 1,050 jobs being created or retained in Oklahoma.
How does CADSQ work?
- OAC partners with Career Tech’s Oklahoma Bid Assistance Network (OBAN) and the Oklahoma Manufacturing Alliance to provide expert guidance to Oklahoma companies selling aerospace-related supplies and services to U.S. defense agencies.
- OBAN provides technical assistance in government contracting to all companies, but also identifies companies interested in targeting aerospace and defense, connecting them with industry experts through the CADSQ program to guide them into a focused pursuit of new business.
- CADSQ provides its participating companies expertise or experience and counsel in winning prime contracts in aerospace and defense, but also assistance in winning new subcontracts with major aerospace companies.
- CADSQ brings together OAC’s industry focus on aerospace, OBAN’s expertise in training and business development, Oklahoma Manufacturing Alliance’s technical assistance and business advice, and the market knowledge of a national consulting firm to deliver the highest level of assistance to Oklahoma’s aerospace suppliers.
For more information, contact the Oklahoma Aeronautics Commission at (405) 604-6900, or visit the CADSQ website at http://cadsq.ok.gov. To download a copy of the CADSQ brochure, click here.