CP Processes, Rules & Statutes
CP Contact Info
CP Library: forms, PIMs, memos, etc
CENTRAL PURCHASING VENDOR REGISTRATION - vendors.ok.gov
- 2011/04/19 - Mandatory Vendor Registration for Contract Award (print version)
- Jan. 1, 2011 acquisitions issued by agencies under the authority of Title 74 require vendors to register with Central Purchasing prior to award. Vendors will not be required to register to submit a bid response but will be required to register prior to being awarded a contact and prior to each renewal of an award.
- Clarification of Sole-Source registration.
- 2010/02/11 - Mandatory Vendor Registration for Contract Award (print version)
- As Central Purchasing moves closer to electronic commerce, it becomes imperative that we are able to notify suppliers of solicitation opportunities electronically by means of e-mail notification. To accomplish this objective, beginning July 1, 2010, Central Purchasing will require suppliers to register with Central Purchasing prior to completion of award. Registration is not required to bid on a solicitation but will be required if you are determined to be the awarded supplier prior to the issuance of a purchase order.
- Suppliers can register electronically within the Central Purchasing website by utilizing the link below. There is an annual fee of $25 (per product family) to register with the State for which suppliers will be automatically notified of bidding opportunities for the commodities for which they register.
- 2010/01/15 - Commodity Code Conversion
- The State of Oklahoma has changed its Commodity Code structure for items and vendors from NIGP (National Institute of Governmental Purchasing) to UNSPSC (United Nations Standard Products and Services Code) coding.
- Solicitations released by the state will eventually use the UNSPSC code exclusively. As for now, ALL vendors registered ONLINE before Jan. 19, 2010 will maintain their registration with the state and will be notified with solicitations based on NIGP. During the next few months, the system will automatically convert registered commodity codes to UNSPSC. However, vendors will have to use UNSPSC structure upon renewal or selection of additional codes to their current registration with the state. We recommend vendors search UNSPSC Website Code Posting for applicable commodity codes prior to beginning the online registration application. However, you will have the option to select and deselect a family, class and commodity during online registration before finalizing your application.
- Vendors pending contract award to a bid released by the Central Purchasing Division or other Oklahoma state agency MUST register with the state.
- Pursuant to 74 O.S. § 85.33.B:
- A vendor may register with the Central Purchasing Division to be placed on the Supplier List for bid notification.
- Registration entitles a supplier to receive all bid notices for the commodity classes specified by the vendor in the registration process for a period of one year.
- The Vendor Registration fee is $25.00 for EACH family code for which the vendor desires registration.
- Vendor Registration must be renewed annually.
- As a registered vendor you will be automatically notified of opportunities to do business with the State for the specific commodities that you chose to register for notification.
- The following items describe information requested by the vendor registration application. To expedite the application process, vendors are encouraged to have the information readily available prior to beginning the registration application. If your company is not currently transacting business in the State of Oklahoma, you may not have some of the items listed. However, any vendor selected for award of a contract with the state of Oklahoma must meet the requirements prior to the issuance of a purchase order.
- E-mail address - if possible, we encourage all vendors to create a central e-mail address, to which all state bidding e-mail correspondence can be sent. A central e-mail for your organization will assure personnel changes or employee absences do not inhibit your ability to receive timely notifications of State bidding opportunities.
- An Oklahoma Sales Tax Permit Number and its Expiration Date or explanation of the exemption status (FAQs)
- An Oklahoma Secretary of State Filing Number, or explanation of the exemption status (www.sos.ok.gov or 405-521-3911)
- A Workers Compensation Insurance Certificate (PDF file) or explanation of the exemption status (FAQs)
- Vendors must complete all 12 steps of the registration application, which require business information about your company, a substitute W-9 form and designation of the commodity codes/classifications your company is interested in. We recommend vendors search UNSPSC Website Code Posting to identify the applicable commodity codes prior to beginning the registration application. However, you will have the option to select and deselect a family, class and commodity during the online registration process before finalizing your application.
- Payment information related to a bank checking account (example), or VISA, MasterCard or American Express credit card. All payments are made through an encrypted secure server and payment information is not stored after a transaction. You will receive confirmation after your registration is validated and approved by the Vendor Registration Officer.
Note to Vendors: The State of Oklahoma does NOT provide legal advice regarding exemptions from Sales Tax Permit, Secretary of State, and Workers Compensation Insurance registrations.
VR FAQs Contact VR Office VR Flyer