|Capital Planning Home
The Deadline for Submitting Capital Outlay Requests for the FY2016-2023 Capital Improvements Plan Has Passed
The deadline for submitting capital outlay requests for the FY2016-2023 Capital Improvements Plan was July 1, 2014. The next submission cycle will open in March 2015.
FY 2015 Capital Budget Approved
The FY2015-2022 Capital Improvements Plan and FY2015 Capital Budget were recently approved by the State Legislature. The FY2015 Capital Budget provides $29.5 million to implement 100 capital projects in 16 State agencies. If your agency was awarded project funding, you should have received an email notification on March 26, 2014.
During the 2012 and 2013 Legislative Sessions, a number of statutory changes were made to improve the capital budgeting process. Highlights include:
- The establishment of the Maintenance of State Buildings Revolving Fund to be used solely for funding projects recommended in the State’s Capital Improvements Plan. $30 million was appropriated to the Fund for implementation of the FY 2015 Capital Budget;
- All proceeds from sales of the State’s Underutilized Properties are deposited into the above Fund to be used for implementation of the Capital Budget;
- The time period covered by the Capital Improvements Plan was extended from five years to eight years;
- The establishment of automatic approval of the Capital Improvements Plan if the State Legislature does not take action to disapprove the Plan within 45 days of the beginning of the Legislative Session; and
- The Long-Range Capital Planning Commission is now comprised solely of members from the private sector; nine new members were appointed in 2013.
Last Modified on 07/17/2014